BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

APPARENTLY DO WOT EVER YA WANT MEANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT

3K views 37 replies 34 participants last post by  Stika 
#1 ·
m5 in yard when i said i was buying it to the wife she said "do Whatever them **** you want!" Hence i did and now she wants to drive it How does your partners feel about your car? ouichouichouichouichouichouichouich

#4 ·
Wife can't drive manual transmission:applause:, and I'm certainly not teaching her how in my car.:nono:

Reactions: MCinco
#7 ·
My wife does not like the car. cherrsagai

#8 ·
My wife drives mine now and then, but she prefers her MB G500, which has pretty healthy V8.

However, she does say that the M5 is way too loud, and I should take it to get it fixed. I haven't really gotten around to explaining the X-pipe and Tri-Flows...

Steve
00 M5

#24 ·
>>>

Dude! When did you re-enter the fold?

Yeah, my wife has never driven my car. Coincidentally, I just last night taught my daughter to drive it. Quite possibly the *worst* stick-shift to learn on. She did ok, but is terrified of the car and didn't seem to enjoy the experience. This is probably a *good* thing.

#15 ·
Our wives must be sisters....

"APPARENTLY DO WOT EVER YA WANT MEANS SOMETHING"

Funny enough this is the exact same thing my wife said 2 weeks ago when I purchased my M5....Ha! And even after saying that she now claims I was going to do whatever I wanted anyway....

LOL!

((a

#17 ·
Had mine 3 months...she drove it on day 1, took it to a stratospheric 2,500 rpm, got scared and backed off....hasn't driven it since. She prefers her soccer mom Yukon minibus...and that's just fine with me. She also won't touch my monsterous '66 F250 4x4 (429/4 speed), the '68 Mustang Bullitt clone (410 hp 302/5 speed), or my DD F150 (smells like my police dog).

My wife rocks.

#18 · (Edited)
It was actually my wife that found my car lovelove

2 years later and she still hasn't driven it, she did sit in the driver's seat a couple of times but thought that the clutch pedal was too heavy - happy days :1:

She drives a 325ci every day, plenty of power for her, just the other day she asked me 'what does it mean when the little yellow light flashes at you?'

I said that it means you are getting used to the car :hihihi:

#19 · (Edited)
My girlfriend drove the M5 for the first time last summer and that was
on the Autobahn from Nuremberg to the Ring. I was driving the E30 M3.

She loved to drive the blue beast :haha:

Took it to over 100 mph on her first drive.

#20 ·
I leave the M5 in front of the family car on Sunday evenings so Mrs has to move the M5 to get the family car out on Mondays. She's slowly taking the hint that I WANT her to drive and enjoy the M5.

When I first got the car, there was a bit of "wash the kids before they get in", now we've all relaxed together and I pick the boys up from soccer/other in it - mud an' all.

I'm booking the two of us up for an airfield day (the poor instructor is going to weep that evening!) so we can both experience the "other" side of the car.

I've floated the idea of getting an M3 conv. to replace the family car........
"do wot ever ya want" was the reply :applause: :thumbsup: :2: :thumbsup: :applause:

#22 ·
I leave the M5 in front of the family car on Sunday evenings so Mrs has to move the M5 to get the family car out on Mondays. She's slowly taking the hint that I WANT her to drive and enjoy the M5.

When I first got the car, there was a bit of "wash the kids before they get in", now we've all relaxed together and I pick the boys up from soccer/other in it - mud an' all.

I'm booking the two of us up for an airfield day (the poor instructor is going to weep that evening!) so we can both experience the "other" side of the car.

I've floated the idea of getting an M3 conv. to replace the family car........
"do wot ever ya want" was the reply :applause: :thumbsup: :2: :thumbsup: :applause:
You want your wife to drive it??? Your a better man than me Charlie Brown :hihi:

#21 ·
Wife hates the M5 and wont drive stick. She thinks it's an old man car with an outdated interior that looks old. She hates the red (IR Int.) and doesn't like driving it because it 'jerks too much'. I've been driving stick for 11 years and don't think I'm doing anything out of the norm.

She won't drive my stick neon either. Oh well, her loss.

Bob

#29 ·
She thinks it's an old man car with an outdated interior that looks old.
I proposed my intentions of buying an M5 to a girl I was seeing at the time. She told me it was an 'old man car' and that she wouldn't date a guy who drove one.

So I bought the car and told her to go to hell. [shrug] To hell with diplomacy, why would I date someone that shallow in the first place?

#25 ·
My wife is fantastic, she loves the M5....in fact she loves all my cars, especially the Ferrari. Who doesn't love Ferraris?

Anyway, my wife drives a 318ti, loves BMWs and loves the M5. I have offered to teach her to drive stick, and now she wants to learn. I'll buy an old VW GTI to teach her how to drive stick, THEN she can drive the M5/Ferrari/Porsche after she torches the GTI clutch. :)

#33 ·
#27 ·
She loves driving the M5. I have to give her the key to the RR beast so she doesn't bug me to drive Diablo :eek:oohhh:

Dave

#31 · (Edited)
My fiancee loves the M5. She's never driven it because she feels she hasn't the experience/training to deal with the power, but really likes being driven quickly. She's going for a days road and track tuition fairly soon with some skidpan in her Focus and then is more than welcome to have a go with the M5. She once had a passenger ride in a Ferrari 360 and Lamborghini Murcielago with a pro driver going all out and she loved every minute.

When we went to look at the M5 she thought I was going to buy it before I even started the engine. Now she can spot a faker from 20 paces...

#32 ·
my GF likes the car, but thinks it is far too loud and prefers her little VW Polo with panoramic roof!

Win win situation, although i have no problem with her driving it as she is a fantastic driver!

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.