BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my TUBISTYLE RUMORE.

The inside diameter of the tube is 60mm. and the length is 950mm. I'm still waiting for my Evosport Sec. 1 & Sec. 2 which is not arriving to me until mid to end March. So I decided to have it installed now.

But I found out that in doing so, I need to cut the original BMW pipe and weld it since the outside diameter is exactly the same as the TUBISTYLE. I was given another alternative which is to use a "pipe to pipe connector" in between. This said, the BMW guy told me to just wait for my Evosport Sec. 1 & Sec. 2.

I wondering if anyone has the TUBISTYLE + Evosport sec. 1 & sec. 2 setup? Was the TUBISTYLE welded to the Evosport Sec. 2 or a "pipe to pipe connector" was used?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Member "rodster" has similar setup except he has Tubi Regular. I assumed evosport section1&2 you refered to is 2nd cat/resonator removed, not the hi-flow cat/resonator. Search for his video.

I have heard Tubi Rumore just muffler in person, and it sounds very nice.

Congrats

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's interesting, my Tubi fitted perfectly with the eisenmann sect 1 & 2.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I just got my TUBISTYLE RUMORE.

The inside diameter of the tube is 60mm. and the length is 950mm. I'm still waiting for my Evosport Sec. 1 & Sec. 2 which is not arriving to me until mid to end March. So I decided to have it installed now.

But I found out that in doing so, I need to cut the original BMW pipe and weld it since the outside diameter is exactly the same as the TUBISTYLE. I was given another alternative which is to use a "pipe to pipe connector" in between. This said, the BMW guy told me to just wait for my Evosport Sec. 1 & Sec. 2.

I wondering if anyone has the TUBISTYLE + Evosport sec. 1 & sec. 2 setup? Was the TUBISTYLE welded to the Evosport Sec. 2 or a "pipe to pipe connector" was used?
If you just replace just the muffler, no matter what exhaust brand, you still have to cut the OEM part and either welded on or your a clamp provided. My friend has Tubi Rumore and he said the pipe diameter fit perfectly

I would recommend you wait for section1&2, in that case, you don't have to cut the OEM part because the OEM 2nd cats is bolt-on to the pre-cats/headers. So, your OEM exhaust system is a "virgin":grinyes::grinyes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Keang24 for letting me know that the OEM part must be cut.

My next question is....

Yes, the diameter of TUBI matches with the OEM and should therefore match the Evosport sec. 2. But how do you connect them? By welding? Or using a pipe with smaller diameter that will go in the middle of Sec. 2 and TUBI exhaust? Then use the clamp to tighten the Sec. 2 and TUBI.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks Keang24 for letting me know that the OEM part must be cut.

My next question is....

Yes, the diameter of TUBI matches with the OEM and should therefore match the Evosport sec. 2. But how do you connect them? By welding? Or using a pipe with smaller diameter that will go in the middle of Sec. 2 and TUBI exhaust? Then use the clamp to tighten the Sec. 2 and TUBI.
Don't weld them. I'm sure the clamp provided by Tubi should fit section2 OK, and a clamp should be provided from Evosport to connect between section1&2 (section2 should slide over and fit on section1 while section1 will be bolt-on headers.) Otherwise, just go buy a band clamp I believe 2.5-3" diameter but not sure on diameter.

My clamp provided by exhaust manufacturer not exactly fit and leak the air, but my shop(RPI) used band clamp instead and it work very well (no leakage)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Guys,

Sorry for all the confusion I have caused. I just unscrewed the screws and found out that this was a clamp.

So now I know that the clamp holds the TUBI exhaust and my incoming EVOSPORT sec. 2.

Thanks to Keang24 for taking time in answering my questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Dear Guys,

Sorry for all the confusion I have caused. I just unscrewed the screws and found out that this was a clamp.

So now I know that the clamp holds the TUBI exhaust and my incoming EVOSPORT sec. 2.

Thanks to Keang24 for taking time in answering my questions.

Hi Emvy,

Can you give me the diameter of the clamps, I need to get those when I intend to get the section 1&2. Makes it much easier to switch back to stock setup when required.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Gasterus,

Sure! I will measure them tomorrow. Yes, easier to go back to stock.

Where did you get your TUBI in Indonesia? What brand of Sec. 1 & Sec. 2 are you using?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Dear Gasterus,

Sure! I will measure them tomorrow. Yes, easier to go back to stock.

Where did you get your TUBI in Indonesia? What brand of Sec. 1 & Sec. 2 are you using?
Thanks Emvy!:) I got the E-race not the Tubi, there is a local distributor for Eisenmann exhaust, but ordered mine from CA Automotive UK..got better price deal and I like dealing with them:biggrin:, very friendly service. I'm planning to have my local muffler shop replace the secondary cats with straight stainless steel tubings. It is a cheaper alternative to aftermarket section 1:haha:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Emvy, any chance you have measure the diameter of the exhaust clamp :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the delay.

Here they are

Attachments

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Sorry for the delay.

Here they are
Hi Emvy, thank you very much for taking your time to measure the exhaust band clamp!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts