BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am considering buying an extended warranty for my Beast. Original BMW coverage had expired before I bought the Beast, so can't go that route (CPO).

I have been considering 1sourcewarranty.com. Luckily, I am not in CA so I have a few more options, but I am afraid to use no name companies. 1source seems to be a company many members have used. AAA is 50% more expensive than 1source and actually covers less, so won't consider them. My question to anyone on the Board that has purchased a 1source extended warrany, what has been your experience to date, especially if you have placed claims?

I have read that a lot of third party warranty companies are trying to weasle out their way from Vanos related claims by stating that the Vanos unit is part of the emissions carve-out (one cannot buy the Emissions coverage if you have over 50K miles). Luckily, no Vanos issues as of right now, but considering the gentle nature of the unit, I want to make sure that this is covered free of hassle.

Lastly - mods. 1source claim that the warranty is void in its entirety (not only on the modded part) if you have any mods - even exhaust! Has anyone had bad experiences along these lines (rejected claim due to a modded vehicle)?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
cosioboy said:
Lastly - mods. 1source claim that the warranty is void in its entirety (not only on the modded part) if you have any mods - even exhaust! Has anyone had bad experiences along these lines (rejected claim due to a modded vehicle)?
Just a comment-

While a new car manufacturer cannot void a warranty based on a mod, an 'extended warranty' is not, in fact, a warranty, but is mechanical break down insurance or a service contract. I am not sure Moss Magnusen applies and they may be able to exclude anything they want via contract...

anyone know differently?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts