BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with 19x9.5 wheels front and/or rear what offsets do you run? Obviously 22 would give you the same look as a square stock set up but whats the max you can run without rubbing? If you run 19x9.5 only in the front or rear I would still like to hear your offset.

FYI I would run 275/3x/19 tires and i have dinan suspension so a slight drop. Would 19x9.5 with et12 front and rear would be too aggressive?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no specs on my wheels, I've sent some PMs to other owners to see if I can find out, but alas no.

Anyway, I'm running 275/30/19 at the rear, I'm thinking it looks slightly lower than standard (but have no proof, so doesn't mean a lot...) but even with passengers and/or stuff in the boot, I get no rubbing at all.

Not sure if this helps. At all.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It probably will work, but it will definitely be close to the fender. et15 will work and look very aggressive.

--Peter
Are you referring to the fronts or rears? I think it will be more then fine in the rear because ive seen people run 10mm spacers with the stock rear wheels which will make the et 12 and have no problems. I'm just concerned about the fronts with et12.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
Are you referring to the fronts or rears? I think it will be more then fine in the rear because ive seen people run 10mm spacers with the stock rear wheels which will make the et 12 and have no problems. I'm just concerned about the fronts with et12.
Both. I run 10 mm spacers with et25 18 x 9.5 wheels in the rear, and it's VERY close to the fender with 285s. With 275s, you definitely have more room to push it out. Same with the front. There is at least one board member running 18 x 10s with et24 and 12.5mm spacers with 275s. It's when you increase the width to 285 that things start to get tight.

--Peter

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both. I run 10 mm spacers with et25 18 x 9.5 wheels in the rear, and it's VERY close to the fender with 285s. With 275s, you definitely have more room to push it out. Same with the front. There is at least one board member running 18 x 10s with et24 and 12.5mm spacers with 275s. It's when you increase the width to 285 that things start to get tight.

--Peter
Thanks, what suspension do you have and how low is it set (if coilovers)?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have 19x9.5 ET20 all around with no issues and 3mm spacers up front. I ruined 2 rear tires by putting 5mm spacers in the rear for ET15.. so be careful. Every car is unique. Your suspension, drop, and alignment will all affect how they fit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have 19x9.5 ET20 all around with no issues and 3mm spacers up front. I ruined 2 rear tires by putting 5mm spacers in the rear for ET15.. so be careful. Every car is unique. Your suspension, drop, and alignment will all affect how they fit.
Thats not good, are you really low and do you run a wider tire then 275?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Thats not good, are you really low and do you run a wider tire then 275?
His car is not low at all, a nice modest drop. Each one of our M5s have a variation in fender clearance. Assuming we all ran 275 tires, not everyone will have the same fender clearance. I've run 19x9.5 ET25 rears, 19x9.5 ET18 with proper tire sizes, with no issues. My car is about 13" all around, measured from ground to fender, on Bilstein PSS9. Just for perspective, I currently run 19x10 ET20 rears with 5mm spacer, on 275 tires. This is the MAX on my car, with these wheels and tire size. I've previously run 18x10 ET25 BBS RC with 285 tires, with about 5mm before it hits the fender.

I wouldn't go any less than ET15 before you'd have to roll the rear fenders more than what your car came with from the factory.

FYI I would run 275/3x/19 tires and i have dinan suspension so a slight drop. Would 19x9.5 with et12 front and rear would be too aggressive?
275/30/19 tires all around. Dinan drop is pretty modest. You could get away with 19x9.5 ET12 fronts, but rears may be a TAD bit aggressive. You will probably require a rear fender pull/roll to get a 275 tire to fit in the rear, without rubbing, under full load/passenger.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
For reference, I'm running 19x9 +09 (245/35/19) and 19x10 +19 (275/30/19) with no spacers on Dinan Stage 3 Suspension. I've plenty of room and will look to go with wider tires next time, either 255 and 285 or 265 and 285.
Live large. Run 285s in the front and 295s in the back. Maxed out fitment for our cars without fender surgery (other than rolling).

Hope to see you at Timmayfest, Richard! My car will be running by then.

--Peter

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Live large. Run 285s in the front and 295s in the back. Maxed out fitment for our cars without fender surgery (other than rolling).

Hope to see you at Timmayfest, Richard! My car will be running by then.

--Peter
285's on a 9" rim, well if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing :7:

Yes, Peter I plan to be at Timmayfest. Been following your engine saga and I think about it every month when I'm in Richmond, Va. Good luck with the latest build.

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
285's on a 9" rim, well if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing :7:

Yes, Peter I plan to be at Timmayfest. Been following your engine saga and I think about it every month when I'm in Richmond, Va. Good luck with the latest build.
True, that would be a tough fit on a 9" rim. 275 is as large as you can go with 9". I've decided ultimately to have a set of Forgeline GA3Rs made, 18 x 10.5 et 20 rear, 18 x 10 et 15 front, running 285 front and 295 rear.

Good! Yes, I'll be up and running by Timmayfest--one way or another. Thanks.

--Peter

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
His car is not low at all, a nice modest drop. Each one of our M5s have a variation in fender clearance. Assuming we all ran 275 tires, not everyone will have the same fender clearance. I've run 19x9.5 ET25 rears, 19x9.5 ET18 with proper tire sizes, with no issues. My car is about 13" all around, measured from ground to fender, on Bilstein PSS9. Just for perspective, I currently run 19x10 ET20 rears with 5mm spacer, on 275 tires. This is the MAX on my car, with these wheels and tire size. I've previously run 18x10 ET25 BBS RC with 285 tires, with about 5mm before it hits the fender.

I wouldn't go any less than ET15 before you'd have to roll the rear fenders more than what your car came with from the factory.

275/30/19 tires all around. Dinan drop is pretty modest. You could get away with 19x9.5 ET12 fronts, but rears may be a TAD bit aggressive. You will probably require a rear fender pull/roll to get a 275 tire to fit in the rear, without rubbing, under full load/passenger.
M55555 the wheels i want are the 19" VarrsToen Wheels (TE37 Reps). I know you had those and they only come in 22et and 12et. I know 100% I will not be happy with the 22et and it would be nice to make the 12et work and not have to mess with spacers. When you ran spacers with them making an offset of 18 did you still have a little room left?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.