BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 19" HRE 547r's with machined face and mirror polished lips. Fronts are 19x9 and rears are 19x10 they were built for the M5 fitment. The tires are SO3's 245-35 up front and 285-30 in the rear. The tires have 7000 miles of use and the wheels are flawless. I love the wheels but I have always wanted the LM's or Superleggera's. If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] and I'll send you some pics of the wheels.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was torn between the HRE's and the OZ Superleggera's sometime ago.
I went with my gut feeling and bought the OZ wheels.
Tough choice though.
You will find a new home with someone on this board will for the HRE's.

madyspop said:
I have a set of 19" HRE 547r's with machined face and mirror polished lips. Fronts are 19x9 and rears are 19x10 they were built for the M5 fitment. The tires are SO3's 245-35 up front and 285-30 in the rear. The tires have 7000 miles of use and the wheels are flawless. I love the wheels but I have always wanted the LM's or Superleggera's. If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] and I'll send you some pics of the wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
madyspop said:
Sent you a PM
TiM5

·
Registered
225 Posts
Howler,

Great looking wheels! And you don't see them often on M5's...

Is that the factory wheel center color, or did you have them painted sterling to match the car?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Those were the two other wheels I was considering too, in addition to the LM's. Good luck in your search. I'm sure the HRE's are a tempting trade and you'll have interest. You can't lose with any of these wheels.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Jim:
Thanks for the positive feedback.
Those are the OZ factory color called matt tuner silver.
I got lucky with the Sterling grey and the OZ wheel color being so similar.

JP 99300 said:
Howler,

Great looking wheels! And you don't see them often on M5's...

Is that the factory wheel center color, or did you have them painted sterling to match the car?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry it took so long for me to post pics. I also had the front grill painted to match the car, and suspension is coming so save the remarks because I already know.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't have to lowerthe car if you run a 19" wheel but it just looks much better. It gets rid of the wheel to fender gap and the lower stance looks very aggressive, not to mention the car will handle better.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hughallen99 said:
madyspop said:
This isn't meant as "remark" but I was just wondering if putting ANY 19" wheels on our cars will need lowering?

Thanks,
Hugh
I would guess that the majority of M5 owners who put 19 inch wheels on their cars, also modify the suspension...and the brakes...and the....

Just kidding.

But, seriously, 19 inch wheels and a lowered suspension are a good fit visually as well as performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts