1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
BURTON said:
Is that the going rate?
Don't know, don't see them often!

However, the tyres alone would cost £400!

I had been looking out for a set of 17's for winter/track use but settled on a cheap set of BMW Type 42 BBS split-rims for £300 with a set of very narrow tyres (205/40z17) for which I have now got a couple of sets of Pirelli P-Zero Corsa track tyres for £50.

Once I have the spigot rings I can use them on track.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
BURTON said:
Is that the going rate?
Pretty much.

I keep an eye on Ebay quite a bit. There have been several sales of individual wheels recently (post xmas 2004).

Typical sales were;

Single 17" 8.0J Front wheel minus covers, minor scrapes, £107
Single 17" 8.0J Front wheel minus covers, minor scrapes, £90

Single 17" 9.0J Rear wheel minus covers, minor scrapes £75

Turbine covers, good condition, complete x4 with centres, springs etc, £72

A set of as new Throwing Stars went on Ebay here for a whopping £225 and that didn`t even include the centre caps!!

BMW want £180 a side pair for Turbine covers (2002 price UK £) and roughly the same for the Throwing stars.

I paid Donati £150 each for two 9".0J rear wheels in average condition, minus covers, before Xmas, I thought this was a fair price.
I`m looking for a single front wheel in average condition to make a complete set, but I don`t want to pay much more than £50, hence the long search!

These ones on Ebay look mint. Ok, the photo only shows one of them, but it all four are like this, then the price is about right.

You might be paying £100 a wheel x4 without covers, then a nice set of covers as above for £225, then refurb each wheel at £55 minimum x4, then the centre caps.... adds up doesn`t it!

2 cents delivered.

Ivan.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
However, the tyres alone would cost £400!

Yeah, didn`t see tyres were on them too. That makes them a very reasonable price if they are all as good as the one in the photo.

Ivan.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Anyone want a set of BMW Type 42 split rims in black with 205 tyres on?

Only £799.99 :1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts