BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the fence for a while and looking to hear one or both of these in person. Hopefully someone in Houston has one of these systems.

Thanks for your help guys.
- Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Brian
I just had my RPI section 3 installed about a month ago- loved it. It sounded very aggressive. Let me know when you want to check it out.

·
Registered
856 Posts
We need another Houston get-together so we can audition your RPI setup, along with other systems Houstonians have.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Brian
I just had my RPI section 3 installed about a month ago- loved it. It sounded very aggressive. Let me know when you want to check it out.
I'd love to hear your system. I do think we're about due for a Houston meet. If we are unable to organize w/in the next 2 weeks I'll PM you and we can figure out a place to meet for a coffee.

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
God forbid you consider ASR.
Man that is cool, no problem. Enjoy your choice. RPI is the forums choice.
Good luck with your choice. Be happy with :goldcup:.

Ranger

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Ranger so you have me stumped with your comments. I thought you were an ASR junky. I am assuming I somehow misread. If you want to drive down to Houston to show me your ASR exhaust I'll be happy to buy you a beer when you get here cherrsagai

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would be interested in hearing the ASR, as I've heard good things about it. But I don't know of anyone local that has one.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I understand that videos are not are valid. There are multiple videos in the forum of ASR Gen. II exhausts.
There are M5/M6's showing the exhaust with runs.

I have it. I believe in it and it is the best. It is understood that I am only one idiot voice.

Ranger

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you guys think that ASR is louder than Eisenmann Race or Meistershaft GT? Im considering ASR and RPI right now and cant decide!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
ASR is very loud. Not sure if is louder then Meister or E-race...its a different sound. ASR does offer a diff x-pipe to tone it down some now. It really does sound amazing. I would love to hear a full RPI setup to compare the two.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Abid - you out there? I've got an idea. Do you have a demo system you could send out to Houston? If I like it I'll buy it. If not I'll pay for the shipping back. I'm sure we could get a bunch of other folks to show up to hear in person for something like this... who knows, it might even turn into some additional sales. A traveling demo system might be a great way to get others in many cities to hear first hand and decide for themselves. What do you say?:applause:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Agreed, I receive so many compliments on my exhaust. Lots of people even tell me they wish this exhaust was available when they purchased theirs...You really cant go wrong with this product!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
This is a link of our Gen II on a completely bone stock 2008 E60 M5.
ASR Engineering Inc. Blue M3 Ver.2 on Vimeo
Video is labeled M3 by accident.

Also, attached are some pics of our system installed.

As far as the performance gains, we have posted dyno sheets in previous threads showing the most documented hp and tq gains of any system on the market for both E60 M5's and E63 M6's. All of our customers have been able to duplicate the hp and tq within 5% of our documented gains.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Do you guys think that ASR is louder than Eisenmann Race or Meistershaft GT? Im considering ASR and RPI right now and cant decide!
The ASR exhaust maybe louder than the E-race / Meisterschaft exhaust systems but the critical difference is the tone.
I use to have the Eisenmann exhaust and got sick of it. Why? Because yes it was loud but it is very raspy and for me it was plain noisey. It became irritating.
The ASR exhaust has an awesome deep tone and rumble. It commands attention. As m6ontheway has said, never have I had so many unsolicited compliments on the street from strangers.
The videos of the ASR exhaust show the M5/M6 running is wide open spaces. No enhancement of sound from reverberation.

Besides the awesome sound, rwhp & torque gains there's the look and design of the system. It is so sleek and streamline. Great looking 3" pipes.

I love this system better than the sound and race exhaust system I have on my 997 GT3.

Give it a real consideration.

Good luck
Ranger

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks Ranger. The issue I had with the Meistershaft was rasp. At high RPMs, I loved it. At lower cruising speeds, I could not tolerate it. I have the rogue engineering now with a non-resonated x-pipe and the sound is good, not great. Just a stock sound that is louder. I want a unique tone. My reads on the power gains of ASR have me leaning that way, I just get a bit nervous about cabin noise. I hope to hear Mike (mishkin's) this weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts