BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a colleague working with them currently. Just seeing if anyone here has gone through them. The quality is top grade I have been told by many customers.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It is a larger plenum and increases the sound. I will be shooting them a email soon and see what power this brings.
So you have to buy the top and bottom half? The picture looks as if the plenum is using the stock bottom half, so the only way to increase plenum size, without getting insanely technical, is to have the plenum higher, though you run into a problem of having the hood in the way, and I for one am NOT going to put a hood scoop on an M5. I am not sure how you are going to increase the sound without taking away material, ie, to let sound OUT of the plenum.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you have to buy the top and bottom half? The picture looks as if the plenum is using the stock bottom half, so the only way to increase plenum size, without getting insanely technical, is to have the plenum higher, though you run into a problem of having the hood in the way, and I for one am NOT going to put a hood scoop on an M5. I am not sure how you are going to increase the sound without taking away material, ie, to let sound OUT of the plenum.
Well have to see, I am quoting their website. As you nor I have any experience with their products instead of intermediately disregarding it lets wait and see.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I don't think the increase in plenum size would be THAT dramatic.. I have a strut bar and there is still decent space for the plenum to be increased.

The verbage in the product description is not very clear so I look forward to the response they give you.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Is the one Schmiedmann sells,me thinks:Schmiedmann - Tuning for BMW E39 - New parts

Is a stock size plenum cover only!It does not say a word about plenum size increase.
Clearly says it is sound and optics,which makes sense as increase in plenum size does nothing on a normal engine without modified heads(and cams)...
Even with my discount and getting VAT back,I can not justify buying it right now...:crying:

Is awesome looking,to say the least!!!!!
And I bet it makes a nasty noise,too!!!!!!!!!!

Would go so nice with my CF strut bar and CF bonnet...
Drool on the website at least once a week looking at ithihahiha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts