BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on going the muffler delete route on my E39 M5. I am going to work with a local exhaust shop (very good guys) to have them come up with something. I want some 3" tips that are staggered and look like the ones Timmay was selling on here. I was going to get them from him but he's too slow to respond (probably busy) and they're a bit more than I want to pay just for exhaust tips.

I stumbled upon these on eBay this evening:
Stainless Steel Dual Driver Exhaust Tip 3 0 3 5 E39 BMW 540i M5 3" 3 5" M3 E36 | eBay

Is anyone on here using those? If so, I'd love to see some pictures and hear some opinions on the quality of them.

I'm just looking for something that's around 3", stainless steel, dual walled, and looks as close to factory as possible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Timmay has quit selling them, and if I remember correctly, the ones on ebay are a direct copy of some of the last tips he sold.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Too slow to respond? I was on vacation with VERY limited internet service when you PM'd me this past Thursday, which was only 2 days ago, sorry.

I am no longer making exhaust tips.

The ones you linked are 3.5" outlet tips, 3" inlet. These will not work on your car unless you get a reducer, as the stock piping is 2.5".

There is a seller on eBay who ordered a set from me, replicated them, and is now selling them. That's fine and dandy, just extremely shady in my book. Plus, he marked them up considerably from what I was charging. (which was mostly for just the parts)

Good luck.....

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Too slow to respond? I was on vacation with VERY limited internet service when you PM'd me this past Thursday, which was only 2 days ago, sorry.

I am no longer making exhaust tips.

The ones you linked are 3.5" outlet tips, 3" inlet. These will not work on your car unless you get a reducer, as the stock piping is 2.5".

There is a seller on eBay who ordered a set from me, replicated them, and is now selling them. That's fine and dandy, just extremely shady in my book. Plus, he marked them up considerably from what I was charging. (which was mostly for just the parts)

Good luck.....

I don't recall approving vacation time for you :dunno:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
That is neither fine nor dandy IMHO but I applaud you for staying calm about it. I'd be livid.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Same thing happened to me in the UK. I did a rear balljoint removal DIY and listed how to make the tool after i bought an original one.

Guy turns up on ebay after making it selling them on and even uses my pictures i took in my garage. You can see the same pics on my DIY in here.

Bmw 5 Series/7 Series Rear Ball Joint Rose Bush Tool | eBay

I do things like this to help others, not so some low life can jump on the back of my hard work and make money out of people

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I have decided to do ONE MORE Batch. Please check my FS thread for details if you are interested in a set......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts