BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a fitment question. I'd like to know whether a 3mm spacer provides enough clearance with the 275 PSIIs. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
EdP said:
Just a fitment question. I'd like to know whether a 3mm spacer provides enough clearance with the 275 PSIIs. Thanks!
Using 275/35 PS1's w/9.5" OEM and 3mm and have plenty of clearance.

·
10,445 Posts
Ed you might want to search on tire rack's site, or maybe michellin's to see if the treat or tire carcass width is any different on a ps1 vs ps2. I've run ps1's happily with 3mm spacers on rear wheels too, with no probs, but i've heard (*on the internet) the ps2's are a bit wider, size for size.
Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am running 275-35x18 PS2s on 9.5 inch wide wheels at all four corners. The wheels are Fikses with 19 mm offset - exactily the same as stock rear wheels on 3 mm spacers. The tires fit in the wheel wells and on the struts the same as the former Dunlop 8080Es on stock rear wheels & 3 mm spacers, and do not rub anywhere. I also have the Dinan Stage 3 suspension (including front camber plates), so this report may not be conclusive if you are running stock suspension. The PS2 tires are great.

Regards, Dick Roberts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I've read the same. It just occurs to me that I should just measure the PSIIs I already have on the RGRs (duh) and see if they're any bigger than the 275 Dunnies.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I'll add to Dick Roberts' excellent information that since he has camber plates, which tilt the wheels inwards a bit, his car will have a bit more clearance on the outer lip of the fender than a completely stock car. I've also read that PS2s are slightly wider than PS1s, and all cars have at least some clearance variation, so you are right to worry about clearances with OEM rear wheels. I have S03s on mine and they just BARELY clear with the recommended 3mm spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts