BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the search tool, but found only a handful of threads on M service. Just curious, as I am only preparing myself to avoid Concord BMW (seemingly 3:1 bad to good ratio via threads). If not M Service, what about Bavaria Pros in Berkeley?

·
10,458 Posts
i use m service, car is there right now, in fact, getting new diff mount bushings. They are a good group of guys, bmw cca members, a few instructors. Not really cheap, but honest and they do good work.

Bav pros is a good shop too, but not nearly as convenient for me, to get out to berkeley.

Did i see you the other day, ygnacio at clayton rd, around 530ish, i was heading west, you east. I was in my silver 00 m5.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i use m service, car is there right now, in fact, getting new diff mount bushings. They are a good group of guys, bmw cca members, a few instructors. Not really cheap, but honest and they do good work.

Bav pros is a good shop too, but not nearly as convenient for me, to get out to berkeley.

Did i see you the other day, ygnacio at clayton rd, around 530ish, i was heading west, you east. I was in my silver 00 m5.
i live in that area. sort of. :haha:

by the way - what are they charging you for bushing replacement(pm me if you don't want to post it) and what made you think they needed replaced?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It twas me! I pray that you saw it after the detail, since it was a light gray from the weather last week. Your '00 looked cherry, and the exhaust rumble made me...nevermind.

Look for it with a matching car seat in about three weeks....

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Ledfoot;1229123 Your '00 looked cherry said:
:1::haha2:

That is priceless!

Brian

·
10,458 Posts
by the way - what are they charging you for bushing replacement(pm me if you don't want to post it) and what made you think they needed replaced?
i had the car in for a tech inspection for laguna seca this coming weekend. Mentioned a clunking noise, on/off throttle, bumps, was told the diff mounts were torn. will get the car back today, and can post what it cost. Can't remember exactly, was told the diff has to come out for the repair, so fair amount of labor, want to say it was in the 8-900 range, but i had a few other items being taken care of at the same time, so maybe i'm mixing it up with other stuff.
mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
i had the car in for a tech inspection for laguna seca this coming weekend. Mentioned a clunking noise, on/off throttle, bumps, was told the diff mounts were torn. will get the car back today, and can post what it cost. Can't remember exactly, was told the diff has to come out for the repair, so fair amount of labor, want to say it was in the 8-900 range, but i had a few other items being taken care of at the same time, so maybe i'm mixing it up with other stuff.
mike
anxious to know if replacing the bushing fixed the noise. this is the exact thing my car does and i've thrown around replacing the bushing but just haven't as of yet.

·
10,458 Posts
anxious to know if replacing the bushing fixed the noise. this is the exact thing my car does and i've thrown around replacing the bushing but just haven't as of yet.
will have the car back today, and can post some impressions after the weekend.

·
10,458 Posts
well i just got the car back, and only drove from the shop to my office, maybe 5 miles, so nothing too exciting. THe rear end noise is gone, and the car is actually quieter (though maybe i've gotten used to the extra noise in the e34).
Very pleased about that. Was having some nasty wheel hop on any launch that broke the tires loose, haven't had an opportunity to see if that is gone yet.

I also had a leaking clutch slave hose, and i mentioned that ive had a few occasions where the clutch pedal went to the floor and stayed there. I could pull it back up with my foot, and all would be fine for a few months, then it'd happen again. They said i needed a new master cylinder (not sure if clutch, brake or if it's the same for both), so i had that done as well.
Wow, the clutch feels like brand new, the brakes are nice and firm (they have always been spongy, as long as i could remember, despite numerous bleedings), so again, money well spent. Can't wait to get it out on the track a little on monday at laguna seca.

·
Registered
458 Posts
glad to hear that fixed the noise. i guess i do need to suck it up and get this done. was your original estimate close to what it ended up being?

i'll have to check out m service... it's within walking distance of my work so i could drop the car there with no problem.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
qwyjibo....triple word score, plus fifty bonus points! Seriously....that's circa 1991-ish - talk about a good memory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts