BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone do a SMG TCU flash for the end user to do at home like the DME ECU flash devices by ESS, fastM5 and others.

Anyone had the SMG tuned? Any feed back or advice...

I'd like faster shifts more of the time by removing the laggy low rpm shifts.

Regards

Jay

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you want to shift faster just use a faster shift setting.

Do you want to shift faster than the S6 mode. I believe you should be able to do that by reverting to the V1 software released in 2006

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hassan,

I'm not talking about WOT shifts but lower down the rev range when they can take what seems like an age especialy in D...I've had the car for a while now so I think I'm used to it and using different settings.

I have spotted threads about the SMG tuning and like the sound of what they have done but I just want to be able to do it from here (Oz) and not have to ship my ECU's to the states or where ever!

Cheers

Jay

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Dear Jay

I have discussed SMG tune with many people and no one has ever suggested it.

I believe if you are driving on S5 and shifts are taking too long then you are shifting at too low RPM.

These cars are made to be driven hard. Personally, I don't shift t below 6000 RPM unless the car is not warmed up.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I am sure we all love to flog the M but in slow traffic you cannot be at 6000 rpm. So, i agree with the OP, it would be nice if we could 'tune' the shift modes. I would like to be able to use S6 without having to turn DSC off.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts