BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to hear if anyone has bought from Tire Rack. How was the shipping /delivery process and do you think it was worthwhile? The price difference is substantial but not sure about how it stacks up with the shipping cost. Also does the $1000 limit before getting hit with duty/taxes mean it's better to do 2 separate buys (for 4 tyres)?
Any advice?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've also ordered a set from them and found them very helpful. I can't remember the exact shipping costs but it was a very substantial saving over the Australian retail prices, definately worth it. I think you had to email them to get them to process an international order manually.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After gagging at the price of tyres back in Australia, I was wondering what to do as I'd read on a few forums that Tire Rack could no longer ship Michelin's outside the US.

I was probably going to use a sea container freight forwarder but fortunately didn't need to :)

$1340 AUD landed, no GST, delivered on the 6th day after the wire payment cleared.

Compare that to local quotes of $600 for a single rear tyre from one of the big brands!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ben

Have you got a contact there?

I'm keen to get:

2 x 285/35 ZR 19
2 x 255/40 ZR 19

Don't really mind if the Conti's or the Michelins. Imagine Conti's cheapest and I'm happy with the Conti's I've got though they'll need replacing soon.

Cheers

Stig

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts