BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which company is the best to deal with? (leasetrading, leasetrader, swaplease, etc)

or if possible is it better to directly work w/ bmwfs or original leasegranting company?

any pitfalls or precautions ?? thanks for help!

·
10,445 Posts
I looked into this a while back with my wifes 525ita. Basically, the original leasee would sublease the car to someone else. They make the payment to you, you make it to bmwfs. You retain liability. These 3rd party companies say they screen the candidates, do credit checks etc, but it wasn't good enough for me.
If you're looking to take over a lease, you may do ok, but you can easily end up spending too much (on a per month basis) and have a higher than market value residual.

The easiest way to get out is to either sell the car privately, or trade it in (and likely pay).
Mike

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used Swap-a-lease to get my M5 and get rid of my 530i/5 (hate to say "get rid of" because the 530 was a great all-around car!). Swapalease is great for finding vehicles and advertising yor own car, but they really don't do ANYTHING to assist in the actual transfer of the lease. No screening, no checks, nothing. I did the entire transaction on both cars through the respective leasing companies - Chase and BMW-FS.

Keep in mind that this process does take time...about 4-5 weeks, and may involve some non-refundable fees (BMW-FS was about $400 which I split with the guy who took over my lease). I do believe that Swapalease is a great way to find a pretty good deal, as people who want to get out of their lease sometimes REALLY want to get out of their lease!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts