BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for the red cog warnings, but i couldn't find this one:

It just started about 1 month ago, when the weather has been 10-20 degrees.. the warning would appear while driving (lightly) after a cold start, I would slow down, then it would disappear and not return...

so despite what the manual says about not letting the car idle to warm up, I tried warming the car up (not revving).. sometimes the warning would still appear after driving, sometimes not..

The car doesn't seem to react differently once the warning comes on (since I continue to drive lightly). The SMG shifts maybe take a tad longer, but i"m assuming that it's cold?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got it the other day. It happened at a cold start. Warning went away with restart. Took car in. They told me it read as an abnormal clutch position. SMG checked out ok so they cleared it.
Haven't seen it since

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm new here but i had a lot of experience with that thing already...I had that once on my car with 33k miles and after 2k miles i had a big clutch issue(found out later) and that thing come out like 10 times on a short trip so resulted in my car being in a dealer for a month and a half now...
But don't worry it could be anything maybe only a cold start thing but if i were u i would bring to the dealer and have them take a look

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so maybe if I try the SMG reset, I'll be ok? I've tried that before in the past (SMG Reset), but I don't get an indicator or beep that says the SMG reset is complete (coasting N and pulling both paddles back). Is there supposded to be some kind of indicator beeps?

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
No beeps.. You just assume it's reset!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts