BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I finally got around to yanking my glovebox to check out the Icelink interface that was causing my weird electrical problems last month. There's nothing obviously wrong with it (blown chips or burn marks), but it's definitely toast - I've cleaned and reseated everything and it still causes problems.

Rather than move on to something new, I was wondering if anyone else had replaced theirs and might still have the parts around?

I've got this great set of dark wood trim here that I can trade... lovelove But of course, cash is always possible too. :hihihi:

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I think the IceLink Plus was too buggy, so I would suggest simply upgrading to a DICE Silverline. It's plug and play. All the same connectors fit. You can buy the DICE box itself w/o any of the cables or other things and just mount it in the trunk where the IceLink Plus was. Get the upgrade kit from EAS. $99.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the IceLink Plus was too buggy, so I would suggest simply upgrading to a DICE Silverline. It's plug and play. All the same connectors fit. You can buy the DICE box itself w/o any of the cables or other things and just mount it in the trunk where the IceLink Plus was. Get the upgrade kit from EAS. $99.
Actually, I never had any problems with the IL+ - zero. It always worked 100% perfectly for me.

But, if the Silverline is that cheap then it's a no-brainer - I'll email Tom now. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts