BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the call to place my order for late Oct delivery. I'm debating between Black/Red, Silver/Silver or Interlagos Blue/Silver, and would really like to see someone's car before I decide.

Also, any comments on guidance on selling my 2004 996TT black/black (~12K miles)? As many of you have owned both an E60 and 996TT, I appreciate some feedback on both cars and which I should keep. I'm 26 and single, so no concerns over practicality, etc., but would love to be in a four door that eats everything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Cowboy said:
I just got the call to place my order for late Oct delivery. I'm debating between Black/Red, Silver/Silver or Interlagos Blue/Silver, and would really like to see someone's car before I decide.

Also, any comments on guidance on selling my 2004 996TT black/black (~12K miles)? As many of you have owned both an E60 and 996TT, I appreciate some feedback on both cars and which I should keep. I'm 26 and single, so no concerns over practicality, etc., but would love to be in a four door that eats everything else.
What dealer in Dallas? Got a recommendation for a good one? Prefer north Dallas/Plano/Richardson/Allen, etc.. Two Ms to service...

BTW, I love Interlagos on my M3... but it might a bit bright on a large car like the M5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
Are you ordering from Classic BMW or John Roberts BMW? While I lived in Dallas I had my car serviced Classic BMW and they were great. They even gave me loaners even though I bought my car in Palm Beach. As far as color goes.... I'd say get a color where any damage from the hail storms won't be seen easily. You tend to get them alot there in the winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Classic BMW (75N and Arapaho in Richardson). It would be a stretch to say that I fully trust their service department, but we've been a customer for years.

They told me they've already ordered 3 cars and I would love to see those before placing my order. The only real car I've seen was at the Dallas Auto Show and it was on the platform.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Cowboy said:
Classic BMW (75N and Arapaho in Richardson). It would be a stretch to say that I fully trust their service department, but we've been a customer for years.
Cool, I am moving to Parker, so it won't be that bad. I drive almost an hour to my dealer now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Cowboy said:
Classic BMW (75N and Arapaho in Richardson). It would be a stretch to say that I fully trust their service department, but we've been a customer for years.

They told me they've already ordered 3 cars and I would love to see those before placing my order. The only real car I've seen was at the Dallas Auto Show and it was on the platform.
For ordering the car, I would vote to go to Classic BMW. My family's dealings with John Roberts haven't been that great. For servicing the car I would vote to go to Autoscope over off of Plano Pkwy and Coit. Nothing but good stories. It'll be closer to you if you're off of Parker anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Hollis said:
For servicing the car I would vote to go to Autoscope over off of Plano Pkwy and Coit. Nothing but good stories. It'll be closer to you if you're off of Parker anyways.
I assume this was for me! I have been through that area, but didn't notice a BMW dealer there. Are they hidden?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Yes, Two weeks ago.

Live in plano & would not deal w/ any dealer in the Metroplex but Autobahn in Ft Worth.

Give Aaron Windes a call if you want on the list at 817-336-0885 but I forwarn you it is LONG!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top