BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MAERSK WIND (I think)
I was told this am my M5 is on a ship that left on the 3rd - sched to arrive on the 14th (not sure where NY??)
Hope to be driving it on the 20th (per the dealer) :blabla: :wroom: :7: :1:
(Picking it up in NY then puting it on a truck home, after as many miles as I can do in a weekend :biggrin: :wroom: )

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe the wrong ship but correct dates (I hope) as it should be coming in to Port Elizabeth. Anyone know how to find this out until I can get in touch with my salesman?

·
Registered
147 Posts
my car finished on 9/19/05 is said to be "waiting for transport to port"..... :confused3 what is going on here? i specked the car back in the first week of august this is getting down right infuriating.......... but relief will come soon.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AJ said:
i am on your ship :) the dates and destination are correct :7:

alex
few cars
Alex,
Do you agree with the time frame to the dealer? (ie 6-7days from arrival in port to dealer in Long Island) This EPA stuff and the fact that this is a new high profile car for BMW NA, they MAY take their time/delay the release to the dealers from the VPC :crying2:
I know there is no formal hold back or orchestrated release, but............

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drk996tt said:
Mine is on same ship.
What is your dealer telling you re: the date you can pic it up?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Barry said:
Alex,
Do you agree with the time frame to the dealer?
nah... my timeframe is my guesstimate... few days more or less makes no difference to me anyway... as i said- the smg has yet to win me, so i am not _that_ eager...

alex
few cars

·
10,458 Posts
Barry we'll have to have a bay area lunch when it arrives. I'm itching to see and hear an e60 in the flesh... Thinking about those waiting lists.
Mike

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mottati said:
Barry we'll have to have a bay area lunch when it arrives. I'm itching to see and hear an e60 in the flesh... Thinking about those waiting lists.
Mike
Mike,
it lands in NY on Fri, I plan on picking her up the following Fri (21st) from the dealer. So let's plan a Bay Area lunch 1st week of Nov. She should be here by then (10 days in transit after as many miles as I can do in a weekend, if the east coast weather cooporates) :wroom:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Barry said:
Mike,
it lands in NY on Fri, I plan on picking her up the following Fri (21st) from the dealer. So let's plan a Bay Area lunch 1st week of Nov. She should be here by then (10 days in transit after as many miles as I can do in a weekend, if the east coast weather cooporates) :wroom:
Count me in on a bay area meet!

·
10,458 Posts
Barry said:
Mike,

sounds good, we'll have to cross post it on both boards!
Mike

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mottati said:
sounds good, we'll have to cross post it on both boards!
Mike
I'll keep you posted. I'll know more early next week once at or out of VPC

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine might be in the same ship...the status on BMW site shows En Route and the dealer in NJ said they are expecting it on the 25th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts