BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I bought a set of OEM E39 M5 wheels + tires from someone local, and used the two rears for my two fronts with 3mm spacers. Thanks to all who helped on this board!

So I now have 4 18x8 OEM wheels with tires. Am thinking about putting them on ebay, but if there are enough interest to take at least 3 of them - perhaps one per owner for spare tire use, then I will give priority to the folks here.

Here are the descriptions of the four BMW OEM M39 M5 wheels:

Wheel/Tire #1
----------------
- Wheel: perfect condition: clean chrome, no rashes or cuts, no bents
- Tire: Yokohama AVS 245/40ZR18 93W, approx. 80% tread left

Wheel/Tire #2
----------------
- Wheel: clean chrome, couple of thin curb rashes along the edge meeting the wheels, one 2" long and the other I think is about 5" Both are very thin. No bents.
- Tire: yokohama AVS 245/40ZR18 93W, approx. 80% tread left on the inside, 50% on the outside. It appears the previous owner had a bad alignment on his front wheel.

Wheel/Tire #3 and #4
-------------------------
-Wheel: No curb rashes, no bents, but a heavy amount of brake dusts have been baked in. Dealers said they can be cleaned, but I think a simple re-repaint is easier and look brand new.
- Tires: Dunlop SP Sport 8080 E 245/40ZR18, approx 70-80% tread remaining.

Please send requests via PM and we'll take it offline. I'll have pictures available upon request.

:cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Two of the wheels (#1 and #2) have been reserved. So this leaves #3 and #4. Both have great amount of treads left and no bents! Great for spares. If you really want a perfect finish to dress up the trunk, then a simple repaint job will do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi everyone,

I have one more wheel/tire left (#4). $250 is the asking price. 80% tread life which is great for a peace of mind as a spare wheel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TurboCarrera said:
Sand: how well do the rear wheels fit the front, and where did you get the 3mm spacers?

Steve
They fit good. Like many advisors said on this board, the 3mm spacers made 9.5" wide wheels look flush. The clearance is tight when wheels are turned maximum to the left or right. One of the wheel well is hitting on tight turn, but it's because it's kind of loose. I'm having the well re-secured at the moment and will know next week.

But if your wheel wells are secured properly, then it should be fine.

I got my 3mm spacer from Tire Rack, and got the contact from one of the earlier threads on this board:

Luke at ext.362
Part# tr358, 3mm spacer, 5 on 120, 74.1mm centerbore ($12 each)
And make sure you get 10 longer lug bolts too ($2 each)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts