BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I've been in contact with Advanced Fuel Dynamics over the last few months. They are highly motivated on developing an E85 flex fuel kit for the E39 platform, their only problem is they haven't been able to get their hands on a car. I spoke to William, and he said he'd only need one for a day, no more.

For those unfamiliar, they have developed a flex fuel system for many models, including the e46 m3, e60 m5, e9x m3, etc. Their systems allows you to run e85 without any tuning adjustments; their system will measure the e85 percentage and adjust fueling real time.

Check out Their website for more information.

I am very interested in a kit, as I would LOVE to run E85. I'm sure there are other supercharged beasts that would like this system as well. If you are near Troy, Texas, please contact me and I will forward you to William and you can talk with him about exactly what they need. If I wasn't on the other side of the country, I'd have done this myself buy getting my car to Texas is not very feasible.

Chris

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey all,

I've been in contact with Advanced Fuel Dynamics over the last few months. They are highly motivated on developing an E85 flex fuel kit for the E39 platform, their only problem is they haven't been able to get their hands on a car. I spoke to William, and he said he'd only need one for a day, no more.

For those unfamiliar, they have developed a flex fuel system for many models, including the e46 m3, e60 m5, e9x m3, etc. Their systems allows you to run e85 without any tuning adjustments; their system will measure the e85 percentage and adjust fueling real time.

Check out Their website for more information.

I am very interested in a kit, as I would LOVE to run E85. I'm sure there are other supercharged beasts that would like this system as well. If you are near Troy, Texas, please contact me and I will forward you to William and you can talk with him about exactly what they need. If I wasn't on the other side of the country, I'd have done this myself buy getting my car to Texas is not very feasible.

Chris

Yeah they’re about 20 miles from me. See if he can work around a weekend. I’ll be happy to drive down there and give him my mutt for the day. I am not supercharged but I’m guessing that isn’t necessary for him to figure the system out?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Awesome!!!

I will message him and see if a weekend works and get back to you. Can you PM me your email address so that I can forward it to him, so that you two can be in direct contact.

Chris

PM’d.

If I end up with a supercharger because of this experience there is only one person to blame......

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very interested.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey, so how's it going? Were you all able to arrange a time?

Chris

Heading down there April 7-8th weekend to let them use my car.

First they’re going to install without the SC to see what kind of increases they get in power (im guessing 15-25whp on the high end) and then I’ll go back at a later date to have them retune for the SC kit.

I’ll wait for you to get the kit installed on your SC Beast so you have the honor of being the first to break the SC barrier and then I’ll throw mine on.

Just so you’re tracking - my car has SS headers and an Alpha N tune. Otherwise no power mods. So the numbers I post will be with this setup.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heading down there April 7-8th weekend to let them use my car.

First they’re going to install without the SC to see what kind of increases they get in power (im guessing 15-25whp on the high end) and then I’ll go back at a later date to have them retune for the SC kit.

I’ll wait for you to get the kit installed on your SC Beast so you have the honor of being the first to break the SC barrier and then I’ll throw mine on.

Just so you’re tracking - my car has SS headers and an Alpha N tune. Otherwise no power mods. So the numbers I post will be with this setup.
I'm very interested in the difference in power N/A. I honestly wouldn't expect much without a tune to really take advantage of the E85, but I'm sure there's some from the cooling effects.

And thanks! I am trying to be the first ESS non-intercooled kit in the 600whp range, doing what I can to make that dream a reality. That wouldn't be possible without you, so thanks again!

Chris

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm very interested in the difference in power N/A. I honestly wouldn't expect much without a tune to really take advantage of the E85, but I'm sure there's some from the cooling effects.

And thanks! I am trying to be the first ESS non-intercooled kit in the 600whp range, doing what I can to make that dream a reality. That wouldn't be possible without you, so thanks again!

Chris
I will be interested as well. I haven't even had my car on a dyno since the header install so it'll be good to see if my car is healthy and producing the numbers it should be with the upgrades I've done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well it seems I jinxed myself with my above post because it turns out my car is not at all healthy!

Relevant Mods: Supersprint Headers, Evolve Alpha-N Tune.

The Numbers:

Pre-E85: 284WHP/291WTQ.

It should be noted here that AFD (Advance Fuel Dynamics) is exactly the kind of company and shop I trust leaving my car with. After the first dyno run, Ryan called to ensure I wanted to go through with the install of the Flex-Fuel kit because of the low numbers. I appreciated him reaching out and giving me the decision - obviously my car isn't healthy. I went through with it anyway because some data is better than no data in terms of power gained through E85 on an NA M5.

E85 Runs: 303WHP/303WTQ.

I will reschedule a time to go back to AFD so I can get re-dyno'd once the car gets some much needed maintenance done. CPSx4, Spark Plugs, O2 sensors, fuel filter, and pretty much every other wear item that has anything to do with the motor. If that doesn't fix it, I am likely going to set the car on fire.

If you had any reservations about working with Advance Fuel Dynamics - I would work again with them in a heartbeat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
bfp9
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing