BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is interested in a 360 Modena that he wants to have checked out. Anyone near there or know of an ASE mechanic that does private inspections? TIA

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
The town is actually Greensboro, NC. :) (home of the 2005 BMW CCA Oktoberfest along with VIR!).

I will be going through Greensboro on Friday on my way to 5erfest in Spartanburg, but I know nothing about 360's. However, I do know Ray Korman very well along with Billy Revis -- both of whom run outstanding BMW tuner facilities in the Greensboro area. I'll see if I can get a reference for you today. I've not heard anything bad about Foreign Cars Italia in the many years I've lived in this area btw.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck. any info would be helpful. If it's not out of your way is a simple visual inspection of paint, interior, etc doable?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Depending on when I get away Friday, I can probably swing by there and check out the car, take some pictures of it, etc. Heck, maybe they'll even let me drive it if your friend prompts them up front. I know a lot about BMWs but not much about Ferraris. I've been around cars, modifying them, tracking them, etc., for more than 30 years now, and I have degrees in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. I'm only telling you this to give you an idea of the perspective I would have when I look at the car. If I can drive the car, I could give you an idea of any strange noises, quirks, etc.

I talked to Allen at Korman Autoworks. He wasn't aware of any Ferrari-specific mechanic excepting those at Foreign Cars Italia, but he did say they could do an inspection at their shop with you knowing they are not Ferrari experts. They have excellent mechanics with all the certifications, Bosch training, BMW training, "Ray training" :), etc.

I should know later this afternoon if I'm going to be going through there Friday morning or Thursday afternoon. How serious is your friend about this car, and what specific car in their inventory is he interested in?

Chuck

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend is very interested in the car and really wants an unbiased opinion of it. He said when you verify your availability he will call the salesman and make the arrangements. If they OK it, then a test drive will be in order. When you know for sure, give me a window and we'll pull it all together.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
DrJimM5 said:
My friend is very interested in the car and really wants an unbiased opinion of it. He said when you verify your availability he will call the salesman and make the arrangements. If they OK it, then a test drive will be in order. When you know for sure, give me a window and we'll pull it all together.

Thanks
Jim,

I will be going through Greensboro about 9:45 or so Friday morning -- hopefully earlier if traffic permits. I have to leave G'boro by 10:30 or so at the latest to make to Spartanburg in time for my scheduled plant tour, so I can make a pit stop for 45min or so to check out the car. At a minimum I should be able to look it over real good and take some digital pictures for you, and if time permits and they permit, I could take it for a brief drive. If you tell me exactly what you would like me to look at/for, that would be helpful.

Let me know if you want me to check it out. Respond back here or PM me, and we can setup the details.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chuck, I really appreciate it but it turns out one of the guys on Ferrari chat lives 10 minutes from there and went yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts