BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the BB Triflo exhaust for the Beast on here. Not many people talk about it. Seems like most exhaust threads are centered around the Kellners or Tubi systems. That being said, after seeing the cut open Kellners muffler on 5driver.com I can't say I am too inpressed with the overall construction of the Kellners muffler. Seems to be made for sound only. I think you'd be better off with the stock mufflers, power wise. So what does everyone think of BB Triflo? I want something with a mean sound and gain some power too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I really liked my B&B's, especially with the s/s xpipe.
I just recently sold my b&b's to put a Tubi kit on, the only reason for switching is to quiet it down some. After the headers it droned quite a bit more than I could handle for haveing a 1yr old in the car.
Other than that I think the B&B's sound great!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got to tell you...I LOVE my B&B's! And so does everyone else at my speed shop. It's a great low octave rumble that gets attention without being too loud. I prefer it over the higher pitch of the Tubi's, just a personal thing. It sounds great when you blip the throttle upon takeoff at a stoplight...probably has convinced more than a few not to bother with flooring their cars to catch-up! ;)

No problems with rattles, installation or anything. I'm very happy and wouldn't change a thing.

That being said, I notice that mine don't stick out of the rear valance as much as my bretheren here in town (MAH, Omar, Ryan, etc). I'm not sure if my shop didn't align these quite right (I doubt that was it), or what but my tips don't protrude beyond the valance and therefore aren't quite as visible. Just make sure yours are where you want them, I have no idea if this had anything to do with the product or perhaps the install....but I'll try to find out. One thing is for sure, you'll love the sound. Good luck. :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've had mine for over four years. At the time, there were not lots of options. I got mine from Bavarian Auto on sale for around $1000 USD. I love the sound, as posted above, it is a deep rumble. I will tell you that with the X pipe added, it is loud, but by itself, it makes plenty of noise!

Tips, etc all look great, after 50K miles and 4 years. There are sound clips on this board somewhere.....

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Madman,

I had the B&Bs on my car for a few months but I did not like the feedback into the cabin at almost all speeds. The Tubi gives me the best of both worlds with sound outside and not inside. The only downside is that I do not get to hear that great Tubi sound unless I am really on it or my wife is driving away from the house.

Stoner has mentioned a high pitched sound which the Tubis have more of than the B&Bs, but it is still quite low compared to the OEM mufflers.

My advice is to get the two together and listen to them side by side. I know this should be possible where you live in the land of the M5.

Mark

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You won't get any noticable gains with just mufflers on the M5. The B&B exhaust is a very nice one, and the price is right at 1K. There is some resonance in the cabin during certain loads at low RPM's, but it's avoidable. It really sounds great. I've listened to it numerous times over the last two years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey MAH, if you really want to hear what your car sounds like, I'd be glad to drive it past you at varying speeds! Say 120, 140 and 160? Just toss me the keys to that baby! :wroom:

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Stoner said:
Hey MAH, if you really want to hear what your car sounds like, I'd be glad to drive it past you at varying speeds! Say 120, 140 and 160? Just toss me the keys to that baby! :wroom:
Stoner,

I think I would need more than just a quick fix with those quick passes. I would need to follow a while to take in all of those great notes. I think it is almost time for another afternoon get together.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts