BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An earlier thread eluded to it being announce this past weekend, but I haven't heard anything. Anyone have a better idea of when BMW USA will announce pricing/options?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
daviddavidw said:
An earlier thread eluded to it being announce this past weekend, but I haven't heard anything. Anyone have a better idea of when BMW USA will announce pricing/options?
The current guesswork has US specifications being announced in June or July, to allow the first customers to place orders for late fall delivery. My dealer tells me that production for US deliveries is scheduled to begin in September.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have #1 spot in Allentown PA, have been told I get early September production with October delivery. From years of dealing with these fine folks I would expect that pricing and US specs, colors, etc, will be in mid July.

By the way, I just checked my deposit receipt. It is dated July 18, 2001! My old M5 was about a year old then...

·
Registered
375 Posts
According to my local rep who has direct contacts in Munich, US pricing/spec info will be available next month for Sept production. I was at the dealer for the e90 launch this past weekend and he did not mention any signs of early pricing/spec info available yet. Looks like June is still a go.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think Noel's got it about right. Previously when I took a new production model for the September/October first deliveries, I was called to the dealer in mid July. My dealer is currently telling me to expect the call in August since I'm just a couple places from the top.

·
Registered
1 Posts
noel said:
I have #1 spot in Allentown PA, have been told I get early September production with October delivery. From years of dealing with these fine folks I would expect that pricing and US specs, colors, etc, will be in mid July.

By the way, I just checked my deposit receipt. It is dated July 18, 2001! My old M5 was about a year old then...
I'm in Denver and I placed my deposit December 2001 for the eight spot on my list! Hard to beleive.

I spoke to the BMW NA Marketing man several months ago during a BMW Car Club meeting. He indicated that the US spec M5 should be in the mid $80k range.

Anyway, I can't wait.:wroom:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts