BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a wood trim set and came across one on ebay.de. What are all those slots where the little sliding door normally is???

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...oooooooooooohhhhhh makes sense...now. Thanks. Looked like coin trays to me lol

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
...oooooooooooohhhhhh makes sense...now. Thanks. Looked like coin trays to me lol
It's part number 51168196985 in case you feel a strange urge to order it...

Our cars do have a cassette player, remember? :blink:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've found that there's not much beyond packs of gum and loose change that'll fit in that little cubby in the console.

I don't have a garage door opener, so that's out.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yea the M5 is a bit lacking when it comes to cabin storage. My sunglasses rest where the cupholders are, my garage opener is clipped to the sun visor, and the storage thingie behind the center ash tray holds stick of gum.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
previous owner installed some random clip device that hangs on the visor... now theres a mark there that stands out insanely... ive been conditioning the leather and its slowly coming out... im guess with time and enough conditioner itll come out, however its just annoying to see that there is hardly any storage space in the cabin. outside of the door cards, and glove box youre really left with nothing. something about putting valueables in the door cards doesnt sit well with me.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
previous owner installed some random clip device that hangs on the visor... now theres a mark there that stands out insanely... ive been conditioning the leather and its slowly coming out... im guess with time and enough conditioner itll come out, however its just annoying to see that there is hardly any storage space in the cabin. outside of the door cards, and glove box youre really left with nothing. something about putting valueables in the door cards doesnt sit well with me.
Hey, I have one of those - looks like he used to hang his sunglasses up there.

My plan is to try a wet cloth with a warm iron applied - I think that should swell and then tighten the leather a bit...

d-

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I've found that there's not much beyond packs of gum and loose change that'll fit in that little cubby in the console.

I don't have a garage door opener, so that's out.
Gum, tic tacs, and a chapstick are the best I can do in mine.

What is amazing to me is that the area under the armrest is hollow - I can't figure out why they created a different armrest for NA instead of giving us the flip up Eu one w/ storage...

d-

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Hey, I have one of those - looks like he used to hang his sunglasses up there. My plan is to try a wet cloth with a warm iron applied - I think that should swell and then tighten the leather a bit...
ill give it a shot, ive been doing the conditioning thing and it slowly removing it... but maybe your suggestion would work better...

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Yea the M5 is a bit lacking when it comes to cabin storage. My sunglasses rest where the cupholders are, my garage opener is clipped to the sun visor, and the storage thingie behind the center ash tray holds stick of gum.
My sunglasses reside in the drivers door (forward pocket), no clip garage door opener necessary, we have UGDO, and gum/tic tacs under the center console (converted to euro with tilt and slide). Perfect for storing small items, once again North America gets shortchanged as delivered.

The cubbyhole? The TEC cupholder, works like a champ!:cheers:
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts