BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that I'm not the only one using the "beam/aero" type Goodrain wipers that have been going around on the forums. It's time for me to replace mine but I'm thinking that they use similar refills to the Bosch Icons and such.

Anyone know of any cheap yet good compatible wiper blade refills?
Thanks!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I texted the seller on the forums and didn't get a response either. An eBay listing says that they are refillable.

I'm going to dismantle one (should be the same as any beam wiper blade I assume) and if the refill profile is similar to PIAAs offerings and such, I'll make the plunge and report back. Would be out of $13 at most.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I made the right hand Goodrain wiper 50mm longer for my RHD car by using parts from a generic flat wiper blade.

The only Goodrain parts still on that wiper are the central mount and clip. I had to put 2 shallow notches into the long metal pieces from the generic blade to marry up with the design of the mount (see attachment).

This demonstrates you can either pop one end off and just replace the rubber or fit the E39 mount to some other flat blade :)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts