BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, when adjusting the brightness of the dashboard, the shifter also can increase or decrease in it's brightness. The thing is, even when you max out the brightness of the dashboard, the shifter isn't really that bright. Yea, you can clearly see the shifting pattern but for me its still on the dim side.
What's under or inside the shifter? Is there a light bulb of some size wattage?
If so, can we change this bulb and put in a stronger/brighter bulb ???
Thanks for your replies.
Robert

B

·
0 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Hey Guys, when adjusting the brightness of the dashboard, the shifter also can increase or decrease in it's brightness. The thing is, even when you max out the brightness of the dashboard, the shifter isn't really that bright. Yea, you can clearly see the shifting pattern but for me its still on the dim side.
What's under or inside the shifter? Is there a light bulb of some size wattage?
If so, can we change this bulb and put in a stronger/brighter bulb ???
Thanks for your replies.
Robert
There are 3 small LED-like bulbs under the shift knob pattern and are not replaceable.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
They also sit under a translucent diffuser, which makes them a bit dimmer for that reason. You don't want to know how I know this. :3:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Re: bummer........

For gawd sakes man, stop looking at the shifter while yer drivin' and look at the ROAD!

:hiha

Just kidding. I had this vision in my head and wanted to share with the class. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts