BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was searching the web for a friend who is in the market for a beast. I came across this interesting vehicle:

Cars for Sale: 2002 BMW M5 in Louisville, KY 40207: Sedan Details - 371099931 - AutoTrader.com

The pictures are pretty blurry so it's hard to see anything. I put the last 7 into the vin decoder and it came up with some crazy options. "Special Padding Interior" Additionally there is an entirely new section of the decoder with individual specs. The interior looks crazy rare? Green with Red Inserts, and Birch Anthracite Trim?

Data for the chassis number: WBSDE93472CF91897
Model Name: M5
Execution: USA
Type code: DE93
E-Code: E39
Body: Limousine
Steering: left
Doors: 4
Engine: S62 - 5.00 l (294kW)
Drive: Rear-wheel drive
Transmission: manually
Exterior color: Black 2 ( 668 )
Interior: Special padding (Z1XX)
Production date: 01.07.2002
Work: Dingolfing

Windscreen green green wedge Green windscreen, green shade band-
S430A
Innen-/Aussensp. with auto dip Interior / outside mirror with auto dip
S441A
Smoking package Smoker package
S459A

Code Special equipment Optional Equipment
S257A
Deactivation rear side airbag

Chrome Line Exterior Chrome Line exterior
S403a

Individual audio system Individual audio system
S818A
Main switch for battery Battery master switch
L838A
Country version Canada NATIONAL VERSION CANADA
S896A
Daytime Running Light Daytime driving light switch
S925A
Shipping protection package Transport protection package
S940A
Special request equipment special equipment BMW Individual

Individual equipment

---- Control Individual
sign BMW Individual Z1XX upholstery leather interior base M5 in nappa petrol (no. 2275508) The following scope is in leather Nappa petrol (Sach.Nr. 2,275,508) represent: Armrest door sewing thread in moss green (No. 8,188,694), color no. 4175 B quilting thread in moss green (No. 8190379), color no. 4175 B The following scope is mugellorot in nappa leather (No. 2,136,749) represent: seat and backrest main parts, front and rear sorties in the Tuerverkleidungen (Tuerspiegel) sewing thread in mugellorot (No. 2272129), color no. 1725 E quilting thread in mugellorot (No. 2272128), color no. 1725 E seam of the front and rear seats analog O6/O5 Remaining interior like leather heated. Point Nappa black (05SW) 0940 special request features fine wood veneer "anthracite birch", color no. 0690 (decorative cover steering wheel with SA255 in soft patent black) lock button, speaker grill door and chrome door opener

Anyone know this seller? Board member? I am trying to have my friend have first dibs on this if our questions can be answered.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I dont know who's car that it but it definitely has a unique color interior. Green Nappa with red inserts. Love it or hate it, it is different.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is very unique, and still looks to be all original from factory. Originally owner probably shelled out a lot of $$$$ for a complete individual interior.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Built for Canada. I know they have different option make ups at times. Chrome trim too. That is interesting for sure.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I saw that also, but just assumed it was weird lighting in the photo. In person I bet it looks even more....uh...unique. Yeah, that's it - unique. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
first, I find it interesting that the VIN info states that this was a Canadian car, yet the dash is in miles and Fahrenheit. it must have been changed, so I wonder if the vehicles mileage has been tampered with as well.

second, I would never try to aquire a car just because it was individual. this has got to be the single ugliest individual interior I have ever laid eyes on. there is no accounting for personal taste, so someone with more money than sense clearly made some questionable choices when ordering this poor car. the price is perhaps just a touch high for a regular example of this year and mileage, but not out of order. however, for me, this interior lowers the value of the car. significantly. I wouldn't pay more than $14k, knowing that my first mod would be to buy another interior to swap out all the ugliness.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first, I find it interesting that the VIN info states that this was a Canadian car, yet the dash is in miles and Fahrenheit. it must have been changed, so I wonder if the vehicles mileage has been tampered with as well.

second, I would never try to aquire a car just because it was individual. this has got to be the single ugliest individual interior I have ever laid eyes on. there is no accounting for personal taste, so someone with more money than sense clearly made some questionable choices when ordering this poor car. the price is perhaps just a touch high for a regular example of this year and mileage, but not out of order. however, for me, this interior lowers the value of the car. significantly. I wouldn't pay more than $14k, knowing that my first mod would be to buy another interior to swap out all the ugliness.
Definitely not for me as well just an interesting find. I would take that birch anthracite trim though.

My car is canadian car as well, and has the updated cluster. Only way it can be legal in US is to convert to MPH. I have a letter from BMWNA that states this when imported.

·
Registered
421 Posts
To each their own, this is truly a unique Beast :confused:

Interesting that 'transport protection' was an option...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To each their own, this is truly a unique Beast :confused:

Interesting that 'transport protection' was an option...
Mine came with transport protection? I feel like everyone's did

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm looking at a car that had the transport option deleted. After doing some quick internet sleuthing, it looks like show cars, demos, press cars, etc had the option deleted since the car wasn't delivered via the "normal" channels.

That said, the car still has to get from Germany to the US, so I don't know which method wouldn't require some form of transport protection? :shrug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts