BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am about to purchase an 03 with a Kelleners exhaust on it. I did not ask the owner if it had an xpipe fitted in as well. I am assuming this would make it considerably louder than if it had just the Kelleners on.

Can anybody give me some feedback on the decibel level of this exhaust system? I have heard clips all over the Internet and on this site, but most tell me that clips don't do justice.

I prefer my cars very loud, but with nagging neighbors nowadays, it will not work this time.

So, my questions are as follows:

Is the Kelleners a very loud exhaust? During cruising or just hard acceleration?

How much louder does it get with the xpipe? (Need to find out if the car has one).

Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
606 Posts
It'll be LOUD on WOT, probably the loudest system for the E39 M5.

I don't think your neighbors will like it much. but then again, most have said it's not that bad if driving normally; I can't comment personally as my exhaust hasn't arrived yet. When it does, I'll be sure to attest to its loudness, on normal driving in a residential area.

Hopefully others will chime in with experience.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
That second clip is M5 Deamon's car. I've listened to it and driven it. It's awesome when driving it. He does have an X pipe in there, though, and they are Eisenmanns (though there have been posts suggesting that they're the same thing).

I didnt find it to be that loud. I mean yea it will be loud at WOT, but it's not that bad. I havent driven behind him, though.

·
13,589 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkW0G1clFA

Here is my car (dont mind me lifting due to wheelspin) and I've got Headers, cats, x, and kelleners. The car is very very loud, but its more due to the exhaust being wide open. With just the mufflers, it should make a good bit of noise at WOT but should be ok just driving normally. With the X, you will get a lot more rumble driving around town, and much more noise at WOT.

As for eisenmann and kelleners being exactly the same; they sure dont sound the same when broken in. The kelleners has a decidedly smoother tone with a higher pitch than the eisenmann.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
What about the differences between Sport and Race options I see for Eisenmanns?

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Kelleners is definitely louder than the Race Eisenmann.

And the sound of the Kelleners is absolutely different when fully broken in as compared to the Eisenmann. Whomever says they're the same is just trying to sell the Eisenmann product.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
What about the differences between Sport and Race options I see for Eisenmanns?
Race is louder. I have the Eisenmann Sports, headers, cats, and stock resonator and it's loud enough for me.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The Kelleners is definitely louder than the Race Eisenmann.

And the sound of the Kelleners is absolutely different when fully broken in as compared to the Eisenmann. Whomever says they're the same is just trying to sell the Eisenmann product.
Eisenmann makes the Kelleners exhausts, they are just tuned differently.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Eisenmann makes the Kelleners exhausts, they are just tuned differently.
Yes, my wording was off. Eisenmann does indeed make the Kelleners exhaust, you're right.

What I meant was, some of the vendors say the Kelleners and Eisenmann are basically the same (as far as loudness, tone of the exhaust etc.), are attempting to sell the Sport or Race version Eisenmann, and not a true Kelleners Sport Edition exhaust.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yes, my wording was off. Eisenmann does indeed make the Kelleners exhaust, you're right.

What I meant was, some of the vendors say the Kelleners and Eisenmann are basically the same (as far as loudness, tone of the exhaust etc.), are attempting to sell the Sport or Race version Eisenmann, and not a true Kelleners Sport Edition exhaust.
Why would that be the case, though? The kelleners are like $500 more at modbargains.com. Don't sellers usually try to stick you with the pricier item?

·
Registered
385 Posts

Here is my car (dont mind me lifting due to wheelspin) and I've got Headers, cats, x, and kelleners. The car is very very loud, but its more due to the exhaust being wide open. With just the mufflers, it should make a good bit of noise at WOT but should be ok just driving normally. With the X, you will get a lot more rumble driving around town, and much more noise at WOT.

As for eisenmann and kelleners being exactly the same; they sure dont sound the same when broken in. The kelleners has a decidedly smoother tone with a higher pitch than the eisenmann.

car sounds awesome! what cats have you got?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
+1 that's kelleners alright:cheers:

Keang21 did a decibel meter on mine it started from 114 (3k rpm) i think or at idle not sure but pass 3500rpm that when it really opens up and get that growl sound...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts