BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine just purchased some larani cats for his m3 and they are 200CPSI rated but i think the SS cats for the M5 are 100...im interested to find out for 100% because thats 1/4 less than the oems of i think about 400 CPSI.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
A buddy of mine just purchased some larani cats for his m3 and they are 200CPSI rated but i think the SS cats for the M5 are 100...im interested to find out for 100% because thats 1/4 less than the oems of i think about 400 CPSI.

Rob, Supersprint do both, 100 and 200cell cats (perhaps more), as I recently got the 100cell ones... fingers crossed, far no problems so far.

Maybe better asking Al (aka Supersprint NA,here on the board) :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tin,

thanks man...i was completely unaware that SS offered multiple CPSI rated cats...interesting.

Im just trying to think as of why the m5 would have the same rated CPSI (in 200 count) as my friends M3...but then again he can get 100cells for the m3 if he wants too..

just intesting

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Tin,

thanks man...i was completely unaware that SS offered multiple CPSI rated cats...interesting.

Im just trying to think as of why the m5 would have the same rated CPSI (in 200 count) as my friends M3...but then again he can get 100cells for the m3 if he wants too..

just intesting
It could be due to how well the O2 sensors feed the info back to the ECU, as I was told that the 200cel ones where slightly less free-flowing, hence a better shot at no SES lights etc....but once the ECU is totally remapped it should be fine.

XrayXD aka Steve has the SS cats too.. (not sure which rating though).

We also have 2 cats, whereas I think the m3 only has the one cat? :confused:

There's a couple of cars on here, who have done the de-cat route and bypassed the cats completely :eek:h: can't get better than that! :D

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually the m3 has two sets as well..but they are so close to the headers that they actually loose power vs the euro cars that have their cats farther down the line...

so what m3'ers do is they buy headers without the cats so close and then add aftermarket cats downline...

all the aftermarket cats are 2...since its a dual exhaust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts