BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any wrecking yards or someone privately parting out wrecked M5's? I am looking for some parts and they are nearly impossible to find in my area. Any guidance (Phone #'s, websites etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
The one on ebay is from my neck of the woods- BMW recycling in Rancho Cordova, CA.. asking 9500 for it. I think they are still taking parts off it though.

See what they have/what you need (call them, MUCH better than email).

A.

A

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I checked it out and unfortunately most of the major components are gone including the one I am looking for (Diff). But some fo the minor trim pieces are still around so I might grab those.

Any other leads?

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
On the diff, when folks change the ratio on the M there is a core charge. You might be able to pick one up for the core charge.. (Just pay an owner the core charge and he give it to you instead of sending it back)

just a thought...

A

PS Core charge is 1250 IIRC... plus you know it is good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a bad idea, although from my experince the core charge is more than what you can typically can get one from a wrecker for. But if it comes down to it I may jsut do that. Thanks for the tip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts