BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car to two different dealers and they both tell me there is nothing wrong with my car. I have been searching the hesitation or shudder below 2k rpms for months. The closest that I have come to finding the problem was when I replaced the oil seperators. The car ran great for about half of a day then back to its antics. The shudder will make the change in the ash tray shake. BMW says this is normal and not to let the rpm's under 2k when driving. When I unplug the left side MAF the car almost stalls, when I unplug the right nothing happens. I have replaced all of the MAFS and I still don't get any change. The car is also using a good bit of oil. May be about 1 qt every 500 miles or so. No oil in the air filters, new plugs, new o2 sensors, new MAFS, new oil seperators, and new thermostat. I am going nuts trying to find this. It seems the warmer outside it is the worse the problem. The first start up in the morning the throttle is very crisp for about 2 minutes then back to sputter. I get around 25mpg hwy and 15mpg around town. Both dealers said the VANOS was just fine. I am beginning to think BMW made a car that even their own technicians don't understand. I absolutely love the car and refuse to let it go. I want it fixed. Can anyone in the Asheville NC or Atlanta GA area recomend a good indy I can take my car to?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Reactions: jcdavis

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I'd like to know if anyone has any recent recommendations on Atlanta independent mechanics. I'm located in the Virginia Highlands area. I've heard good things about Performing Imports and Alex Autos. Anyone else?

John

·
Registered
106 Posts
My whole family has been going to Auto Europe for the past 15 years and have nothing but good things to say about them. They won't try to rip you off.

Located across from Midtown Bowl by Piedmont & Cheshire Bridge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My whole family has been going to Auto Europe for the past 15 years and have nothing but good things to say about them. They won't try to rip you off.

Located across from Midtown Bowl by Piedmont & Cheshire Bridge.
I heard good things about them as well. Thanks for the recommendation!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Markert Motorsport in Lawrenceville.
Solomotorsport in Norcross.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The large majority of dealership technicians is generally clueless when it comes to this type of diag. If alldata or equivalent trouble tree doesn't cover it, you are out of luck.

Dave @ Markert is an enthusiast turned shop owner (well, co-owner), and is really knowledgeable when it comes to software/diag. I would be pretty confident in his ability to track down the problem.

Bavarian Repair in Woodstock is a pretty new shop but the two guys running things, Tood and Tom are really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts