BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I see the product known as Wheel Wax, which is marketed for use on rims, so the rim doesn't collect as much brake dust and any dust on the rims comes off with ease. Is there any difference between this product and let's say, using another traditional name brand wax, to polish/coat the rims of a car? Isn't wax just that......... WAX ??? Would any brand of wax achive the same result? Thanks for answering my question.
Robert ??????

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't know about the brand "Wheel Wax" but, I've probably have waxed the wheels 20 times with different "regular" waxes and they do not keep the dust off.

I would highly doubt any wax making that claim.

There was a question about Mr. Clean auto dry wash - supposedly eliminates the need for drying the car - one member said that after he washed with the product, he had a wet car.

These days people say anything to sell a product - I would be highly skeptical of that particular claim.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Hi Guys,
I see the product known as Wheel Wax, which is marketed for use on rims, so the rim doesn't collect as much brake dust and any dust on the rims comes off with ease. Is there any difference between this product and let's say, using another traditional name brand wax, to polish/coat the rims of a car? Isn't wax just that......... WAX ??? Would any brand of wax achive the same result? Thanks for answering my question.
Robert ??????

Hey Robert,

Yes there is a difference, HEAT. A lot of waxes would just melt off with the heat.

I have wheel wax. Its O.K. I don't really like it. I like the Klasse twins acrylic sealer better.

But Wheel wax is good for cleaning. It does not stop the wheels getting dirty, what it does is makes them really easy to wash off. No scrubbing, its like the dust can't bed in. One wipe and its off.

Regards MJ

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
I bought some 'Wheel Wax' and it does allow dust not to adhere as much to the wheels-that's it.And after 8 months the wax seperated into non-usable wax and liquid.I also have Mr.Clean auto wash and it does work.Wash your car and take a drive and no water stains.I take that back I found 1 or 2 on my rear bumper.;)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
And after 8 months the wax seperated into non-usable wax and liquid.
Hey Jimmyz2,

Keep it in the Fridge. I have a Fridge in my garage full of different Wax products and of course Beer. :cheers:

I just looked at my Wheel Wax, after a year of not using it, it looks brand new....No seperation.

MJ

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Thanks!:viking:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts