BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order the storage tray and tilting unit for my armrest. Call me crazy, but I like the tray in my armrest. If I ordered the kit with the euro armrest would anyone be interested in it? I could order in lots of different colors and leathers. Looking at the prices I would need at least $250-$300 to make it worthwhile to do.

Just seeing if anyone is in need of a euro armrest. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Couple questions...

I currently have the phone option there with the cord and everything. Would this replace that unit with a tray? Would be nice to get rid of that cord.

If I wanted to do Bluetooth later on, am I removing anything that I may need for that connection?

Are there any other cheaper options besides a whole new armrest to get rid of the phone from the armrest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested.....
Feel free to elaborate. I want to order the storage tray pretty soon, so if anyone needs just the euro armrest let me know asap, otherwise I'll just order the tray and tilting unit.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
dpdcnm has first dibs... I'll take 2nd place if he doesn't want it.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love my console with storage. Very useful mod.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
My right arm is forever thankful for the mod and the lack of that stupid tray. The extra storage is nice, too. I recommend this mod.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I have black executive leather if you need that info......

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm interested in the tilt slide mechanism and tray only. I think I'm going to do carbon fiber fabric or leather over
the tray. I've been e-mailing redline since this morning and they are close to releasing a foam fill over the tray and
leather or fabric over the top. This is the photo I sent them and they sent me. I'd like them to just use my leather
and sew into it but we'll see. Still trying to get specifics.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm also interested in the Euro armrest...don't have specifics yet (type of leather - I have to verify what the heck I have), but just wanted to get in on this.

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My right arm is forever thankful for the mod and the lack of that stupid tray. The extra storage is nice, too. I recommend this mod.
I guess I just sit differently. The tray doesn't annoy me at all, and I actually use it frequently and also think it looks sleek.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm also interested in the Euro armrest...don't have specifics yet (type of leather - I have to verify what the heck I have), but just wanted to get in on this.

THANKS!
ArgM8y (are you a pirate?), to clarify, there is a kit for the euro armrest and storage pieces included. Do you only need the euro armrest? If you will want the storage tray and tilting unit, it would be wiser to buy the kit. let me know if you're still interested. I'll PM you my email since you're a newb. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
ArgM8y (are you a pirate?), to clarify, there is a kit for the euro armrest and storage pieces included. Do you only need the euro armrest? If you will want the storage tray and tilting unit, it would be wiser to buy the kit. let me know if you're still interested. I'll PM you my email since you're a newb. :)
Ha! Retired Navy Master Chief - close enough to being a pirate! Plus it's the license plate to my other vehicle. Gotta love tall ships.

Anyway, I think I understand what you're wanting to do, and if so, I want to do the same. That is - retain the original armrest (the one that came stock with the tray in the top), add the tilting/sliding base and the storage tray?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea that's what I'm trying to do. I'm going to go ahead and order my tray and tilter. It's about $130 online.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts