BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone interested in a possible group buy on HID conversions? I'm trying to get a taste of the number of individuals who might be interested. At this point, the person that I'm talking with has indicated $270 shipped if the order is at least 10. I have not asked if there is any additional discount as the number of buyers increase, but want to see whether there's any interest at $270.

Here's the information on the kit itself (McCulloch HID):

The Kit:

(2) Gen 4 McCulloch Ballast
(2) Bosch/McCulloch Xenon Bulb
(2) Connector
(10) Wire ties

Warranty
One year warranty on ballast and 6 month for the bulbs from the Manufacture. Keep my info and we will replace defected parts immediately with all shipping paid.

Plug and play, except you'll have to dinker with the headlight warning, as it is described in the FAQ at the E34M5 homepage.

The kelvin rating is 4700k

I'd also appreciate any input from persons that know of or have heard anything about the McCulloch kits. From the comparisons that I've been doing, they're more reputable than the really generic stuff, but they're not the name brand that I'd prefer, like Hella or Sylvania, etc. From what I understand, this is the same McCulloch that is know for making weed whackers. Not good at first glimpse, but they're also apparently known for making outdoor lighting, and the parent company is reputed to be in the automotive lighting business, hence, the HID lighting kit.

Obviously, if they have a bad reputation, I'm not going to pursue this, but this may be a possible option for those interested. Please reply directly to me if you're interested. If you have information about the kit itself, please post here, as I'm sure it will make good reading.

There are several sellers on EBay which carry the kit and a search will turn up the sellers with pictures of the kit. They go on EBay for just under $300.

Thanks.

-Stan

·
Vendor
2,273 Posts
McCullough is crap quality.

Don't just take it from us, ask around.

We'd be happy to do an H1 or 9006 group buy - who would be interested?

·
Registered
36 Posts
A set of H4 McCulloch HIDs on our Subaru Forester worked for three months before the passenger-side ballast and ignitor failed for no apparent reason. It was promptly replaced and has worked without problem for the past five months.

Cheers,

David

StanAE86 said:
Is there anyone interested in a possible group buy on HID conversions? I'm trying to get a taste of the number of individuals who might be interested. At this point, the person that I'm talking with has indicated $270 shipped if the order is at least 10. I have not asked if there is any additional discount as the number of buyers increase, but want to see whether there's any interest at $270.

Here's the information on the kit itself (McCulloch HID):

The Kit:

(2) Gen 4 McCulloch Ballast
(2) Bosch/McCulloch Xenon Bulb
(2) Connector
(10) Wire ties

Warranty
One year warranty on ballast and 6 month for the bulbs from the Manufacture. Keep my info and we will replace defected parts immediately with all shipping paid.

Plug and play, except you'll have to dinker with the headlight warning, as it is described in the FAQ at the E34M5 homepage.

The kelvin rating is 4700k

I'd also appreciate any input from persons that know of or have heard anything about the McCulloch kits. From the comparisons that I've been doing, they're more reputable than the really generic stuff, but they're not the name brand that I'd prefer, like Hella or Sylvania, etc. From what I understand, this is the same McCulloch that is know for making weed whackers. Not good at first glimpse, but they're also apparently known for making outdoor lighting, and the parent company is reputed to be in the automotive lighting business, hence, the HID lighting kit.

Obviously, if they have a bad reputation, I'm not going to pursue this, but this may be a possible option for those interested. Please reply directly to me if you're interested. If you have information about the kit itself, please post here, as I'm sure it will make good reading.

There are several sellers on EBay which carry the kit and a search will turn up the sellers with pictures of the kit. They go on EBay for just under $300.

Thanks.

-Stan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts