BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Inside or outside?
Inside: Remove the plastic covers on each side of the arm holding the mirror. I guess you need to insert a thin screw driver right at the middle of the two covers and bend them apart. You may risk the plastic hooks that hold them to the mirror arm, so be careful.
Once they are removed, the electrical connector is visible inside the arm. Pull the cord and the connector out and disengage. Turn the mirror arm 90 degrees eather way and it will come off the adaptor it is connected to.

Outside: I don't know. Haven't tried that yet but I assume you need to remove the door panel and if you have airbags ouich .....you really need to know what you do.

Good Luck. :typing:

·
Registered
313 Posts
If it is just the outside mirror, and not the fixture itself, it just pops off. I don't remember how to do it but the tech at the dealership changed mine while we stood outside and talked. Maybe 4 minutes! Someone should know!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry. I did not think about just removing the glass. :eek:
There is a plastic ring at the back of the glass of the exterior mirrors. Tilt the glass fully upwards and insert a screw driver at the bottom and use it to rotate the ring about 15 mm (½ inch). If you look up under the glass, you can see the ring.
Easy to remove, not so easy the replace (My amateur skills). To remove he housing, as previously said, I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts