BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may need one for a Ferrari driving school event, though I'm going to ask whether I can attend without one. Or maybe just carry it in the trunk. Otherwise, I assume I'll need a metal-to-metal mount for inside the car. Ugh. Anyone done that?

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
I have the factory bmw fire extinguisher in my car. It's a euro only part, cant find it at the local dealers, but you can (or at least could) get it from www.eurobuyers.com

It attatches to the front of the drivers seat base, like the first aid kit does on the passenger side.
Mike

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had seen that thread, but many of the picture links are dead. I just learned that FCA does not require that it be mounted in the cabin, so I plan to rig something in the trunk. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Here is the install manual from BMW (from the www.eurobuyers.com site) for a fire extinguisher for the E39.

Thanks Mike for that link!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Here's a pic where you can barely see it in my car. This was taken after i installed my uuc ssk and knob, and alcantara shift and e brake boots (they look reddish in the pic for some reason).

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
So your taking your m5 to a ferrari drivng school? Dont they provide you with a 355, 360 or 430? Seems odd to take a bmw even an M5 to a ferrari driving school, sorry just curious.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Jayson said:
So your taking your m5 to a ferrari drivng school? Dont they provide you with a 355, 360 or 430? Seems odd to take a bmw even an M5 to a ferrari driving school, sorry just curious.
I'd imagine it's a ferrari club event. Just like a bmw, alfa, audi, porsche etc club event. You'd typically use your own car. I've yet been to a club event where cars were provided, that would be fun though.
Mike

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mottati said:
I'd imagine it's a ferrari club event. Just like a bmw, alfa, audi, porsche etc club event. You'd typically use your own car. I've yet been to a club event where cars were provided, that would be fun though.
Mike
bingo. but if I find a willing Enzo or 430 owner, I'd gladly take their car out for a few test laps. :blink: seriously, should be fun being on the track with a bunch of Ferraris. :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
EdP said:
bingo. but if I find a willing Enzo or 430 owner, I'd gladly take their car out for a few test laps. :blink: seriously, should be fun being on the track with a bunch of Ferraris. :eek:oohhh:

Alright I got it now...I thought you where talking about the ferrari driving school I was looking at. If you do find a enzo owner willing to let you drive it, or 430 owner....You will love it...But the BMW will never do again. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts