BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nothing official yet but my local dealer reckons October/November for the first cars.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whens your m5 coming ashok ?

Thats what my delaer said.Im NO.5 so if they get 3-4 cars each I will be next year if no one pulls out above me (**** footballers)

·
Registered
139 Posts
markf said:
whens your m5 coming ashok ?

Thats what my delaer said.Im NO.5 so if they get 3-4 cars each I will be next year if no one pulls out above me (**** footballers)
Hi Mark

Spoke to dealer the other day, still no firm date other than around November time when car is launched in UK.

Thought you were no. two on the list?

·
Registered
3 Posts
After getting no where asking the dealer I emailed BMW UK direct and got a response saying the launch date would be 10th November in the UK. Now my delear says he is expecting the car in to them late October, and will have to hold it until the launch date. This happened recently with the M5, they got them in abotu 2 weeks before launch. My understanding is most dealers will get one car this year, one car next year, with a few exceptions getting more than one. About 300 cars per year I think is what the expect to bring in, but I could be wrong. My delear says he wishes he could get more M5 & M6's as he has such a waiting list.

Thats the info I have gathered from my dealer who I know really well and BMW UK direct, hope it helps!

·
Registered
139 Posts
toddml said:
After getting no where asking the dealer I emailed BMW UK direct and got a response saying the launch date would be 10th November in the UK. Now my delear says he is expecting the car in to them late October, and will have to hold it until the launch date. This happened recently with the M5, they got them in abotu 2 weeks before launch. My understanding is most dealers will get one car this year, one car next year, with a few exceptions getting more than one. About 300 cars per year I think is what the expect to bring in, but I could be wrong. My delear says he wishes he could get more M5 & M6's as he has such a waiting list.

Thats the info I have gathered from my dealer who I know really well and BMW UK direct, hope it helps!
Thanks toddml v.useful info. I have been told I should be able to pick up the car at launch and the order form indicates the car will arrive before, so it all makes more sense now.

I presume you are no 1 on the list then and are also being sold the 1st car into the dealership?

PS how have you specced the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
johnny73 said:
Thanks toddml v.useful info. I have been told I should be able to pick up the car at launch and the order form indicates the car will arrive before, so it all makes more sense now.

I presume you are no 1 on the list then and are also being sold the 1st car into the dealership?

PS how have you specced the car?
Yep I am first on the list, apparently BMW Germany wanted the dealers to have their first M6's as demo's but the UK dealers were not impressed as they did not see the point! They cannot get them anyway if anyone orders them, so BMW relented and they are selling them on the day of launch!

Didnt add much to mine, just the Interlagos blue finish with black leather! Not 100% sure of the blue, but wanted one of the M5/6 colours and blue appealed the most, I think! Also went for the piano trim.

Have to say while my delarer has tried to help as much as possible I don't think BMW have quite got their act together for selling cars at £80k! If this were Aston or some of the other companies you tend to get a much higher level of service and information! Dont know if anyone else has thought that!

Can't wait for the car though!

·
Registered
816 Posts
toddml said:
Have to say while my delarer has tried to help as much as possible I don't think BMW have quite got their act together for selling cars at £80k! If this were Aston or some of the other companies you tend to get a much higher level of service and information! Dont know if anyone else has thought that!

!
I think that's a very interesting and valid point. Here, only the 760Li is expected to be more expensive than the M6. It seems their coordination of information and production throughout their global dealership network is lacking that seamless effort which you might expect when spending that sum of money on a premium car. Aston's marketing and dealership are really sleek (I've only been in there for browsing the DB9 but the perception is nonetheless there).

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Don't get me started about my delivery date :crying: grrrrrrr

·
Registered
139 Posts
toddml said:
Yep I am first on the list, apparently BMW Germany wanted the dealers to have their first M6's as demo's but the UK dealers were not impressed as they did not see the point! They cannot get them anyway if anyone orders them, so BMW relented and they are selling them on the day of launch!

Didnt add much to mine, just the Interlagos blue finish with black leather! Not 100% sure of the blue, but wanted one of the M5/6 colours and blue appealed the most, I think! Also went for the piano trim.

Can't wait for the car though!
Same here, I am getting the launch car in Sepang bronze + sepang bronze full leather with piano black and tv function.

Agree re: BMW service, seems to be their normal procedure when launching a new car. Dealer has tried to be helpful but they are not provided with the info they need so can't keep buyers up to date.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 this year and 1 next year ? I will have a a delaer with a lot of very angry customers,they have about 30 odd orders ,many from the pro-footballers .My delaer reckons they will get more than whatever the usual allocation is because they are such a big dealer. I hope so,at this rate Ill have the AMV8 before the m6.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
I'm no.1 on the list at my dealer for an M6. I've been told the same launch date of 10 November, but they haven't got an allocation yet for my car so I'm not quite sure when I will get it. Not to worry... My M5 goes through it's first service on Wednesday so it's not like I don't have anything to keep me occupied in the meantime...!! :1:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
I'm no.1 on the list at my dealer for an M6. I've been told the same launch date of 10 November, but they haven't got an allocation yet for my car so I'm not quite sure when I will get it. Not to worry... My M5 goes through it's first service on Wednesday so it's not like I don't have anything to keep me occupied in the meantime...!! :1:
You gonna sell the M5 when M6 arrives?

What spec?

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
johnny73 said:
You gonna sell the M5 when M6 arrives?

What spec?
Yes, I will be selling it. Spec is Silverstone II with black, aluminium inserts, heated rear seats, TV, bluetooth, sun protection glass, rear and side blinds, tracker, plus some other stuff. Can't remember exactly...!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Filthy Monkey said:
I'm no.1 on the list at my dealer for an M6. I've been told the same launch date of 10 November
I've been given a build week 37, arrival at the dealers at the end of September. My salesman tells me that the car is due to be launched in the UK on the 19th of September. He might be wrong so I've asked him to check.

Tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tim_M said:
I've been given a build week 37, arrival at the dealers at the end of September. My salesman tells me that the car is due to be launched in the UK on the 19th of September. He might be wrong so I've asked him to check.

Tim
Bizarre as I was talking to my dealer the notification came in of your post.

He thinks that my build week will be week 38 with delivery around 10th of October (week 41)

This may change if I can get an Individual package on the car, love the Ruby Black. He is e-mailing them about this and I have also asked him to check if I can get the car de-limited at the factory.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
johnny73 said:
Bizarre as I was talking to my dealer the notification came in of your post.

He thinks that my build week will be week 38 with delivery around 10th of October (week 41)

This may change if I can get an Individual package on the car, love the Ruby Black. He is e-mailing them about this and I have also asked him to check if I can get the car de-limited at the factory.
I'm trying to get comfort access added to my spec and it is coming up as spec locked - I'm trying to get my friendly Regional Customer Service Mgr at BMW UK to see if he can change the order. Let me know if you can get it de-limited without going the individual route.

Tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tim_M said:
I'm trying to get comfort access added to my spec and it is coming up as spec locked - I'm trying to get my friendly Regional Customer Service Mgr at BMW UK to see if he can change the order. Let me know if you can get it de-limited without going the individual route.

Tim
Tim, the individual and de-limit should be two separate issues. As some have said in 2006 all models such as these are likely to be de-limited, it is just that a guy on M5 board who is getting a German car shortly has "apparently" been offered this option at the factory.

What is this "comfort access" BTW?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
johnny73 said:
What is this "comfort access" BTW?
You just have to have the key in your pocket to be able to open the car and start it using a button. When you walk away the car automatically locks and alarms. It is a bit cheeky as on the 3 series it costs 375 and on the M6 it is £675!

Tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Tim_M said:
You just have to have the key in your pocket to be able to open the car and start it using a button. When you walk away the car automatically locks and alarms. It is a bit cheeky as on the 3 series it costs 375 and on the M6 it is £675!

Tim
Oh right, bit like keyless go then. Let me know if you have any success with it.

yeah BMW seem to assume that the higher the price of the car the more they can charge for the options. Like full leather over £5k what a rip off! Even though I went for it, how did you spec yours?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts