BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just bought 2000 m5 carbon black 67000miles from oklahoma. i have been looking for quite a while for a m5 and finaly took the plunge on EBAY yea i know its not the best place to find a m5 but the price was great and looked to be a clean car.i'v owned a 98 540/6 for the past 6 years and love everything about it so what would be even better an m5.
Now the thing is i am from montreal canada(sorry im taking away 1 of your us m5's:byee55amg) and in order for me to import this car into canada i need a recall letter from bmw,here in canada the dealers are being asses and charging 500$ to get this letter highway robbery.
i have done reserch on this and found out many people have gotten a vin inquiry form from any us bmw dealer and has worked.The seller tried to get me this from tulsa bmw but for some reason they are being uncoperative and not willing to print this out for him.

Here is what i'm asking is there anyone here that works at bmw or a freind or any good contact at any otherized us bmw dealer that can get a vin inquiry form on this car here is the vin #WBSDE9342YBZ95525

IF ANYONE CAN WORK SOME MAGIC AND FAX ME THIS I WILL PAY A REWARD 50$ by paypal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This sounds fishy. The seller must not have visited the dealer to inquire about any open recalls or proof of correction. Also, the US DMVs keep track of these recalls with BMW and would know whether a recall had been performed or not. They must have just called on the phone and requested the history which no BMW center would relinquish, however they should have indicated that an open recall exists.

The bottom line that you need to know is that there is an open recall on this vehicle, and all the current owner need do is take it to a BMW center to have it performed. The finished repair order should suffice as proof of correction, as well as the sticker confirming recall completion that will be applied under hood.

Carbon black on black - beautiful. By the way, this vehicle was originally from Florida, but moved to Oklahoma somtime before 8/2001. Also, since this recall is still open, it hasn't been to any BMW center since at least the end of '06.

Good luck on this, but beware as the seller does not seem to be putting very much effort towards your requests.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would be more than happy to print this out and mail it to you. Will Monday work?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure if you can get this for me i would really appreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts