BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
So I just changed out both of the relays and when I open my door the SMG is still not priming.... There is literally no power to my SMG. What else could it be?? My code was 2B0f "SMG switch process management" my car literally is stuck in N n gear box doesn't light up and car won't start. Battery is new and alternator works just fine... Please help as I don't know what else this can be bedsides possibly the SMG pump itself, is there another fuse that powers this unit? Besides the black relay?

·
Registered
564 Posts
So I just changed out both of the relays and when I open my door the SMG is still not priming.... There is literally no power to my SMG. What else could it be?? My code was 2B0f "SMG switch process management" my car literally is stuck in N n gear box doesn't light up and car won't start. Battery is new and alternator works just fine... Please help as I don't know what else this can be bedsides possibly the SMG pump itself, is there another fuse that powers this unit? Besides the black relay?
Sub'd - Same issues here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Old thread.....lot of times discussed but something is wrong or i something misunderstand!!!

I have one week now "high battery discharging" error and today start searching why.
Scan the car ( ISTA,INPA ), no strange errors except the EGS ( 5002 00 ) selector lever. Alot of things there......
Leave it like this for further search and think to change the relays of smg (just to be sure. My car is 2006/08 ).
So now is my confusion.....according ETK , SMG has 2 relays , one for the transmission oil pump K63831 with PN 61368373700 and White green color ( picture ) , And hydraulic pump SMG K6318 with PN 61368366646 and pastell orange color ( picture ) .

According all threads i read the reference numbers is completly diferent!!! Example " SMG Pump relay: 61366901469 " AND "Transmission Oil Pump Relay: 12631742690"............ and if you paste the PN numbers , the firtst one is secondary air pump and the second terminal 30G at the back of the car!! :eek
I understand that Europe and Usa cars has differences so i open the ECU box to check MY car numbers...... and another surprise

I DONT HAVE THE PASTELL ORANGE RELAY!!!!! Only the white green that is correct also with ETK.
As you can see i have one black relay and next a fuse 40A ....i take it out but the pins is different from the "correct" SMG Pump relay .
All the other relays is absolute correct according ETK .
my photo is the same with other members, but what they write is different .....
Anyone knows something about all of this????

Attachments

·
1,549 Posts
Simple, BMW messed up the documentation. Black relay next to 40A fuse is the SMG hydraulic pump relay. PN 61‑36‑6‑901‑469. Yes if you look it up it comes as secondary air blabla too. But that's what my car has, and what yours has as well. Pull out the relay and you'll get a dead smg pump.

From what I read the orange relay was used on previous SMG M3s. So BMW missed this when E60 docs were released.

·
1,549 Posts
Another miss is the 15A fuse to the right of the green relay. That is the SMG pump fuse. Wiring diagram shows a 40A fuse. Perhaps M3s used a 40A fuse as well? Wouldn't surprise me lol...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Really ??????? How the he'll make this whrong ???? So noone tell this think nowhere !!! Pffff .....
And yes it's true .... i pull it up and smg pump do not fire up !! Perfect .... i change it! The pump pressure time is the same so I have to check the high drain problem .....

·
1,549 Posts
Another miss is the 15A fuse to the right of the green relay. That is the SMG pump fuse. Wiring diagram shows a 40A fuse. Perhaps M3s used a 40A fuse as well? Wouldn't surprise me lol...
As a follow-up to my own comment above the 40A fuse does power the smg, but it powers the whole system (ecu, cooler AND hydraulic pump, etc). The hydraulic pump motor (ie black relay) has a second 15A fuse in series (think battery, then 40A fuse, then 15A fuse, then hyd pump motor).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts