BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm wrapping up the mod list on my beast and considering side skirts. It's tough to find a good pic on the net. What do you think of the E60 side skirts if you have seen them? Take a look at my mod list and please share your thoughts. I'll go down to the garage later and post a side view of Thor for your opinion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Joe (Trinity Autosport) had them on his.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Another pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think that there are 2 styles of Hamann skirts for the E60. I know that BAVAUTO.COM has them in their clearance section.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think that there are 2 styles of Hamann skirts for the E60. I know that BAVAUTO.COM has them in their clearance section.
There's only one which is the one pictured in the above posts and also the same one on clearance at BavAuto.

·
Registered
496 Posts
what lip, what wheels and what skirts?
I put on umichchris side skirts, can't beat $350 shipped! and he has CF ones as well.

Reactions: umichchris

·
Registered
278 Posts
what lip, what wheels and what skirts?
lip = genuine Hartge (from board member Angelslayer!)
wheels = 21" Klassen 10.2 with step lip and custom powder coat (yes, I know it's performance parasite but I like it :M5thumbs:)
side skirt extensions = from board member umichris (easy installation and all h/w are included)

I had the lip and skirt extensions painted to match flat black to be a little more subtle and semi-stock look. :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
I like the side skirt extensions but I'm worried my wife or any lady friends will get out and dig their heels into them. :(

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
That is why I went with Dinmann side diffuser. They don't stick out as much. The CF finish and fit are spot on. They are molded from our stock side skirt.

I like the side skirt extensions but I'm worried my wife or any lady friends will get out and dig their heels into them. :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
I really do not think it sticks out that much at all that it would be a problem. You can also install them a little further in if you want it less obtrusive.

The fit is also spot on with these extensions. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
That is why I went with Dinmann side diffuser. They don't stick out as much. The CF finish and fit are spot on. They are molded from our stock side skirt.
I really do not think it sticks out that much at all that it would be a problem. You can also install them a little further in if you want it less obtrusive.

Thanks for the input guys. Someone had told me this was a problem but forgot who.

·
Registered
513 Posts

Looking straight down from the front door handle, it sticks out a little over 1/2" from the edge of the oem side skirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The lip I've installed is Hockenheim in cf from Schmeidmann and I went by to see the install today. It looks aggressive and great on the Space grey. I'm moving on the Bavauto Hamann body color side skirts to go with it. Pix next week.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
They do stick out a little Tony as mine is a little bent now due to me putting my foot on it when getting out the car ouich

1 - 20 of 38 Posts