BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of the current owners have any pictures of the different seats (perforated v. non-perforated). I am tring to figure out what options I am going to order on my car, but am not sure how the nice leater will look with perforations. I am going to order the full leather package but I do not want it to look funny with a bunch of holes in it. I know the full leather will look "clean" without the seat ventilation, how about with? Thanks for the help in advance.

Eric

P.S. What is the differences in the roof liners?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Re: Pictures of perforated and non-perforated leather.

Welcome to the board! :byebye:

Please use the 'search' facility as a lot of this has been posted/discussed before.

Here is an example of perforated leather seats:

Regarding headlinings, in Europe we have a choice of standard (anthracite cloth) or the optional alcantara headlinings (usually in antracite colour as well). In some markets (e.g. USA) I think that alcantara is standard. You will always get alcantara as a bonus when you specify FULL leather.

Through the Individual program you can also specify coloured alcantara headlinings. Here are some examples:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for your post. I have used the serach button and have been reading here for a long time (prior to signing up) but did not see any specific picture that was answering my question/curiousity. The first picture you posted of the seat was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Eric

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you also Gustav. I remember seeing some of those pictures but not all. I think when I saw them last, I was not being as particular as to what the perforated seats looked like up close. Now that it is getting close to ordering an M5, I start to notice every little detail to make sure I get the exact vehicle my heart desires. I personally like the idea of ventilated seats, but also like the way the leather looks without the perforations, more clean looking to me. Just my opinion, as not to offend other M5 owners that have the ventilated seats.

Eric

Gustav said:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts