BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious if anyone has any pictures of carbon fiber kidney grills on a Interlagos blue. I'm ready to buy a pair, just need to see some. Tell me if you guys think It would look good.

Thanks much, Nick :M5thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
IMO... i think the CF kidney grille doesn't look good...maybe because to me it looks to busy with the vertical slats and the contrasting weave pattern.... I would get glossy of matte black to match the black headlights. I went with the matte, along with the matte fender slats and rear badge to keep it cohesive. Again.. IMO.. to each his own.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
IMO... i think the CF kidney grille doesn't look good...maybe because to me it looks to busy with the vertical slats and the contrasting weave pattern.... I would get glossy of matte black to match the black headlights. I went with the matte, along with the matte fender slats and rear badge to keep it cohesive. Again.. IMO.. to each his own.

got any pictures of yours?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its ok guys, I ordered them 2 days ago anyway. I think itll look good. I thanks for all your feedback :) I guess once you start with carbon fiber, you cant stop Lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
CF Grille

Save your money and don't do it. They are laminated over a black grille, and with time they ripple, warp, or peel. My last one was of good quality but it just didn't look right. I think the black is better, and I finally went with the racemesh in body color. $600 after turning in my originals but so far the best yet. Just my 2 cents.

Noushy

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't think your going to be disappointed. Here are some snaps from when I put mine on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Hey guys, just curious if anyone has any pictures of carbon fiber kidney grills on a Interlagos blue. I'm ready to buy a pair, just need to see some. Tell me if you guys think It would look good.

Thanks much, Nick :M5thumbs:
Hi Nick,

I think the carbon fiber front grills would compliment your carbon lip nicely. You can check out a few pictures of them installed at our website.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sorry not interlagos Blue , but it should help a little :thumbsup:

IMG_9550_654_765_tonemapped copy.jpg

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm trying to make the same decision with the same colour car.
I might go with a gloss black, and see if I can get the side gills done in gloss
Aswell. My rims are gloss black so I think a matte black might not look right.

Bryan do you guys sell painted sides as well as the fronts?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here's a better shot after "most" mods complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Seeing it on a black car doesnt really help since we have IB cars and need to see it on that color. On a black car it looks great by the way.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mario are your rims flat black?

·
Registered
537 Posts
These are the rims I went with, should have them this week.
That's why I was thinking the gloss black might look good. I do like the flat though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks awesome! Thanks for the pics im glad I went with the gloss black rims. I was looking for gun metal, but the price was right on these :)
So I think it worked out fine after seeing yours.
So think I will just go matte black grills and sides.

Just have to decide now, springs or KW's. Want to get it done in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks awesome! Thanks for the pics im glad I went with the gloss black rims. I was looking for gun metal, but the price was right on these :)
So I think it worked out fine after seeing yours.
So think I will just go matte black grills and sides.

Just have to decide now, springs or KW's. Want to get it done in the next couple weeks.
Thank you!!
I have H&R springs only now and it rides nice, I did have KW coilovers but never installed them. I have head the KW's ride better and I would love to have my car a little lower.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sorry for the thread highjack

Do you find the H&R's a bit bouncey?
Some people have mentioned that on here.
I was thinking dinan but I know the drop isn't so low but
The ride is great.
That's why I was thinking KW's

1 - 20 of 33 Posts