BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a bunch of jumbled threads that have bits and pieces of how to go about flashing the Euro SMG and DME tune but they're pretty messy and honestly not detailed enough for folks with limited experience with flashing software.

If someone could put together an all in one step by step DIY for flashing both I would be very grateful. I'm willing to show my gratitude in the form of donating a payment along the lines of the cost of a case of good beer. Easily worth it to calm my fears that opening my laptop will brick my car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The only coding software I've used is NCS Expert and that was with step by step instructions. Not like I could navigate the program and modules and have any idea what I'm doing.

You don’t use ncs have to use winkfp, it’s really basic. I google smg euro software and I gave you link to dme. So pull uif get zf number from inpa, find number winkfp and flash new zf with winkfp and the sg coderen module when done.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would love to get rid of the annoying start up routine, but am lacking big enough huevos to try it for fear of bricking my car, lol. Anyone in the middle Tenn area experienced with this that I could meet up with and try it?

I would definitely like to learn how to change things in the control system, but there’s that fear of the unknown thing getting in the way...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts