BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a ton of posts, this seems like a crazy question to ask for a car of this caliber, but does anyone have a single cd changer in the cockpit of the car that didnt require a completely new audio system?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Tragically, I have this option "business cd" or whatever it is called...

But thats OK for me, the music I prefer to listen to anyway is the S62...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Do you mean behind the screen of the 16:9 monitor? Believe only the E46 ever came with this as an option, and that monitor is not compatible from a fitting point of view with the E39.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Tragically, I have this option "business cd" or whatever it is called...

But thats OK for me, the music I prefer to listen to anyway is the S62...
while i would love to be able to pop a single cd into a cabin side cd player [as opposed to parking, running to the trunk, opening up the cd player, pulling out a tray, loading a cd, putting the carousel back into the player, shutting the trunk, running back to the car...] most of my music is digital and without a cassette player up front, i wouldn't be able to use one of those $14 adapters that plugs into my ipod and runs off the cassette player. yes, i know that i could buy the proper adapter for the ipod, but i'm saving up for ss headers...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Do you mean behind the screen of the 16:9 monitor? Believe only the E46 ever came with this as an option, and that monitor is not compatible from a fitting point of view with the E39.

No no... no nav/screen, just a flip up cover (which is part of the trim) and under it the sible disk player...

...if you click on ' view my carbon black...' you can see pics...

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Single CD w/ Nav requires Aftermarket or some creativity on your part to cut out the existing tape deck and put a CD player in it's place (with no steering wheel controls).

You could try an E46 unit, but from what I've seen / heard they don't fit right from a depth perspective and even if you get it in the bezel doesn't line up with our dashboard...

d-

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, the fact that there isnt even an option for this is repulsive to me. Not that I would get rid of the car mind you....

Can you even buy a single cd for a car anymore?:dunno:

·
Registered
446 Posts
No, but you can buy an Ipod kit...

d-
I can't stand how it all has to be ipod. I hate itunes with a passion. That stupid *** format that they have you download so that you can't use it in any other fashion is just ridiculous.

/rant

On a side note....I have never seen Carbon Black with the two tone leather interior.....I freakin' like it..and I can't believe it...:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts