BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be signing up for this event and was wondering if any other M5's will be there? Also, has anybody driven on this track before? Looking at the track layout for this DE, it looks like some pretty high speeds can be reached on the oval.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ducman69 said:
I will be signing up for this event and was wondering if any other M5's will be there? Also, has anybody driven on this track before? Looking at the track layout for this DE, it looks like some pretty high speeds can be reached on the oval.
Possibly, though I'd likely be in my e30. Unless of course that one doesn't make the trek back from Infineon the weekend before, in which case I'd be left with the M5 as the 'only' option. ouich

Cal Speedway is a very fun track, I've run it several times. The BMW CCA normally puts a chicane at the end of the main straight for DE's, which forces you to slow to ~ 100 mph entering the banking. Without the chicane - hold on baby, you're going for a ride! More fun w/o, but a little more unnerving - especially for the instructors...

The braking from +130 down to 60 for turn #3 & the repeated 180 degree turns following long straightaways in the infield tend to be a bit tough on brakes, so don't come with thin pads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts