BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is ANYOne going to concorso / monetrey historics?

There have been a couple of threads for this, but they seem to die off quickly. In Past years there have been some nice caravans down to monterey for concorso italiano (www.concorso.com) and a get together in the corral, but it doesn't look like much is happening this year. Anyone going? It's this friday!
Mike

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: so is ANYOne going to concorso / monetrey historics?

I will be there to watch one of my latest restore run.
I didn't get to go watch it run at the Goodwood Festival but the Monterey weekend is a must this time.
Bring lots of film or memory sticks there are going to be some race cars that haven't been out of museums for sometime. :1:

·
Registered
310 Posts

I will be at the Concorso, but not in the corral. I will look for your car!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

I'll be at the track and Mcfly's (maybe the bar across the street also).

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

6spd said:
I'll be at the track and Mcfly's (maybe the bar across the street also).
stop by the bmw corral and tent! (at the historics)
Mike

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

Sure to do there Mike.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

Thought about it, but I haven't been feeling too well this week to do anything.

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

looks like it's going to be a small corral!
Mike

·
Banned
386 Posts

Mike 2MS is going to be there... I think

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

Not going to the Historics this year.
I'll be up at Thunderhill driving!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

Mike,
There are only 13 M5's registered for the Corral at the Concorso. Looks like a light crowd.
I'm not going to make it this year.

Have fun!

Jeff.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Hi all. Thx for your message, Mike, and for the Thread.

I'll be at both the Concourso and the Historics (at least on Saturday). I may have one extra ticket for BMW corral and track entry and lunch on Saturday if someone is in need. I'm happy to meet in the a.m. (but I'm staying at Hwy 1 x Hwy 156 so it's only a 10 minute drive for me). Also may be interested in drinks or a dinner beforehand on Thurs afternoon or eve (like some of us did a couple years ago) if my son and his girl friend are interested.
And I also know a great place for a road rally if anyone is staying down near Castroville on Thursday . . . but just don't throw a rod there like I did! Hehehe
:wroom: Wright

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Wright said:
Hi all. Thx for your message, Mike, and for the Thread.

I'll be at both the Concourso and the Historics (at least on Saturday). I may have one extra ticket for BMW corral and track entry and lunch on Saturday if someone is in need. I'm happy to meet in the a.m. (but I'm staying at Hwy 1 x Hwy 156 so it's only a 10 minute drive for me). Also may be interested in drinks or a dinner beforehand on Thurs afternoon or eve (like some of us did a couple years ago) if my son and his girl friend are interested.
And I also know a great place for a road rally if anyone is staying down near Castroville on Thursday . . . but just don't throw a rod there like I did! Hehehe
:wroom: Wright
Hey Wright, i'm staying a few miles away. I'm at a family place at pajaro dunes, on the coast, off the 129 exit from hwy 1. My family is already down there, i'm heading down on wed night. I may be up for a lunch/dinner etc on thrus, but i'll also be doing the family thing that day. I'll check back in before i head out of town on wed in case anyone else is down.
If nothing else, my cell is 925 899 7651.

What time are you heading out for concorso. I'm going to try to meet up with Bob Eunaka on the road, as well as another board member, Mark (alpineblue) so perhaps we can park at the corral together.
Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts

mottati said:
Hey Wright, i'm staying a few miles away. I'm at a family place at pajaro dunes, on the coast, off the 129 exit from hwy 1. My family is already down there, i'm heading down on wed night. I may be up for a lunch/dinner etc on thrus, but i'll also be doing the family thing that day. I'll check back in before i head out of town on wed in case anyone else is down.
If nothing else, my cell is 925 899 7651.

What time are you heading out for concorso. I'm going to try to meet up with Bob Eunaka on the road, as well as another board member, Mark (alpineblue) so perhaps we can park at the corral together.
Mike
Yeah! Beach :cool: plus M5 :M5launch: = Life! I'll be staying at Monterey Dunes just up the way; two years ago Anita and MAH and Cap (from Seattle) had a beer at my place and then we had dinner at Moss Landing . . . My cell is 650 776-3297 (doesn't work well there); my phone at Monterey Dunes is 831 632-0873. In past years I've met people on Molera Road which intersects Hwy One . . .or zip down the on ramp to Hwy One when we see all the Beasties approaching . . . .

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

For a heads up I'll be staying at the Best Western off Hwy1 and 128 on the water for Saturday night.
I don't know as of yet if I will drive the BMW or a supercharged Scion TC.

Looks like a fun weekend.

·
Registered
242 Posts

mottati said:
Hey Wright, What time are you heading out for concorso. I'm going to try to meet up with Bob Eunaka on the road, as well as another board member, Mark (alpineblue) so perhaps we can park at the corral together.
Mike
Oh . . . I'll never forgive Bob for aceing me out for third place in our group at the 2002 (or was it 2003?) Infineon M5 gathering autocross morning session (on his last run), but respect him for that . . . and am happy to wait for him (hehehe) or meet him again (since I think he has caravaned down for the last 3 years or so from the South Bay). But #1 was the Porsche RS and #2 was Boris the wild man if I remember correctly . . . Bob, could we meet up on Molera Road . . . perhaps without your son (hehehe). Who else is on the M5 train to park at the Concourso? (Barry . . . you could be an honorary member even though you sold your M5 in June since your Mini does have four tail pipes).

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Wright said:
Oh . . . I'll never forgive Bob for aceing me out for third place in our group at the 2002 (or was it 2003?) Infineon M5 gathering autocross morning session (on his last run), but respect him for that . . . and am happy to wait for him (hehehe) or meet him again (since I think he has caravaned down for the last 3 years or so from the South Bay). But #1 was the Porsche RS and #2 was Boris the wild man if I remember correctly . . . Bob, could we meet up on Molera Road . . . perhaps without your son (hehehe). Who else is on the M5 train to park at the Concourso? (Barry . . . you could be an honorary member even though you sold your M5 in June since your Mini does have four tail pipes).

Molera rd, is THAT the road Bob took us down last year? A little 145mph short cut thru the farmland? I'll have my son with me this year, and he'll tell... (based on past experience).
Mike

·
Registered
5,226 Posts

Wright said:
Yeah! Beach :cool: plus M5 :M5launch: = Life! I'll be staying at Monterey Dunes just up the way; two years ago Anita and MAH and Cap (from Seattle) had a beer at my place and then we had dinner at Moss Landing . . . My cell is 650 776-3297 (doesn't work well there); my phone at Monterey Dunes is 831 632-0873. In past years I've met people on Molera Road which intersects Hwy One . . .or zip down the on ramp to Hwy One when we see all the Beasties approaching . . . .
Nice place and great view. It would be a bit far for me to drive this year.

Enjoy,

Mark

·
Registered
310 Posts

mottati said:
Molera rd, is THAT the road Bob took us down last year? A little 145mph short cut thru the farmland? I'll have my son with me this year, and he'll tell... (based on past experience).
Mike
Thats the road where I became aware of the 155 mph limiter :1:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts