BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 AW M5 and I'm near Milwaukee. Are there any other WI people on here?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
*Raises Hand*

I'm north of Milwaukee a bit in West Bend. A coworker used to have an AWM5. Glad there is another one around.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're pretty close to me. I'm just south a little bit in Merton.

I just sold an 01 540i/6 last night to make way for the 01 M5 that I'm buying.

I've got to fly out to DC in a week to pick it up. It's getting a PPI today.

One of the many things that I'm psyched about is that it's got a b2b warranty for another 20k or until 9/2012.

And it's AW! I'm an e30 guy (own 3 right now) and they're all AW!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yeah you are pretty close. I think there are a couple Milwaukee guys floating around, but they aren't very active.

AW is pretty cool. I always thought my coworkers and mine (jet black) looked cool parked next to each other.

Congrats on the purchase and the warrantee....although it may restrict some mods you might want to do (I like modifying everything I own, so warrantees are just something I void quickly, hahaha).

Good to have you here, we will have to try a mini midwest meet sometime. Are you thinking of going to Timmayfest? It is a great time. There is a thread in the Midwest forum but the main threads are in the northeast forums. I went last year and was the sole WI representative.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I might do dinan software and maybe dinan exhaust.

I too am all for mods.

I know lots of other BMW guys in the area but only one e39M5 guy named Collins here in the MKE area.

I'll have to look into Timmayfest. I'll be at Eurowerks in MN for sure.

I'm sure we can figure out getting some people together this summer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry to jump in on your thread, but myself and and maybe some other MN guys would be up for a MN/WI meet sometime (in addition to Timmayfest). I definitely don't mind driving!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm in Beaver Dam, and am down in Milwaukee at least once a month.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to jump in on your thread, but myself and and maybe some other MN guys would be up for a MN/WI meet sometime (in addition to Timmayfest). I definitely don't mind driving!
I'm sure we can figure something out for this summer!

Have you been to Eurowerks in Saint Paul?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Beaver Dam, and am down in Milwaukee at least once a month.
Nice!!!

I'm sure there are more that will be coming out of the woodwork.

Do you know of any other BMW guys up in the Dam Beaver?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I've driven through the Dam a couple of times in my M....felt like I was the only BMW there. Good to know there are more.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice!!!

I'm sure there are more that will be coming out of the woodwork.

Do you know of any other BMW guys up in the Dam Beaver?
I have seen maybe 5-6 other BMWs on a regular basis here. This is the land of big, beat up trucks for the most part.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone else from Wisconsin?

There have to be more....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
close enough!

I made a deposit today on my M5. 2001 one owner, silver with 88k on it.

I hope to be picking it up in a few days!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
close enough!

I made a deposit today on my M5. 2001 one owner, silver with 88k on it.

I hope to be picking it up in a few days!
Now you have 2? Cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now you have 2? Cool.
Nope, just the one.

I had a deal worked out for the AW 2001 that was out east. I had it taken to a recommeded indy shop for a PPI and they said it needed $11,000 worth of repairs + 3 bent rims and one tire with a bulge in it.

The car had a b2b warranty that was supposed to cover everything except the bent wheels and tire.

After almost a month of going around and around with the shop and the warranty co, I decided to walk away.

So, once I decided I wasn't going to buy the AW one, I found the titanium silver one that's out in Iowa.

I'm hoping to drive out there Thursday to pick it up.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Ah, OK. Makes sense. AW are nice. I'm sure you will like the silver just as muck. haha.

Good luck on the car retrieval.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello there... I've been a member for about 3 years and really ashamed that I haven't made it to one meet yet. I have such a few posts, i'm not even allowed to send or receive PM's yet. I'm in Milwaukee and would be down for a meet of some sort!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts