BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious if there are any members in the Boise area. I've seen one or two E39 M5s, but not many. Almost a s few as the E46 M3s...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Im just curious if there are any members in the Boise area. I've seen one or two E39 M5s, but not many. Almost a s few as the E46 M3s...
I'm currently in SoCal and wifey and I are looking to relocate in the future. Been looking at homes in Boise the past few days. How is Boise? Weather, schools, stuff to do, roads to drive, high end service shops, car scene, etc?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Car scene - from the looks of it, pretty low key ;).
Thanks we are looking hard at the Seattle surrounding areas as well. Finding more home and land for the money too as we look. How is the weather year round in the Seattle area? Lot's of stuff to do?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Weather is crappy from late fall to early spring most years. Lots of rain. If it doesn't rain it'll drizzle, hail, and sometimes snow about depending in the area you live in. Late spring to early fall it's very comfortable, not too hot and not cold. It's a big city so there are lots if things to do. The mountain range is 1.5 hrs away to the east (1 hr if driving the beast), ocean is 3 hrs to the west, Vancouver BC to the north, and Portlandia to the south. So yes lots of things to do. Home prices get lower the further north or south you go from Seattle and Bellevue

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Weather is crappy from late fall to early spring most years. Lots of rain. If it doesn't rain it'll drizzle, hail, and sometimes snow about depending in the area you live in. Late spring to early fall it's very comfortable, not too hot and not cold. It's a big city so there are lots if things to do. The mountain range is 1.5 hrs away to the east (1 hr if driving the beast), ocean is 3 hrs to the west, Vancouver BC to the north, and Portlandia to the south. So yes lots of things to do. Home prices get lower the further north or south you go from Seattle and Bellevue
Thanks man. Really appreciate the info. We are seriously considering relocating to that area. Just got off the phone talking to a friend that lives up there and he relayed a lot of the same you did. I'm originally from Chicago and wife from Montana. So city boy and country girl. Sounds like Seattle and the surrounding areas could be a very good fit for us plus our 2 year old. We'll see what the future brings. Are there some good roads to drive the beast on up there? How bout good indy shops for the beast?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks man. Really appreciate the info. We are seriously considering relocating to that area. Just got off the phone talking to a friend that lives up there and he relayed a lot of the same you did. I'm originally from Chicago and wife from Montana. So city boy and country girl. Sounds like Seattle and the surrounding areas could be a very good fit for us plus our 2 year old. We'll see what the future brings. Are there some good roads to drive the beast on up there? How bout good indy shops for the beast?
I really like my indy which is super close and yeah there are some great roads. Not sure what your timeline is but I'm renting my house out if you're interested in renting to start out with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Another member here in town now. We connected on a separate post, but I had too few posts to PM. I think I'm over the minimum now. Maybe we can meet up in Boise sometime. I've only seen a couple Beasts in town...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well i just discovered this thread. i don't normally go into the regional forums because theres never anyone from Boise. I guess I make 3 with my M6? The car scene around here is decent. not to the caliber of California or Seattle. But we are around. Check out the local website: Idahomotorsports.com.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
MOTRSPRT
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing