BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Traveling to Seattle for work at the end of the month for 5 days (Mon-Fri).

Do's and Don'ts? Good places for a drink in the evening? I'm going solo so no romantic dinner for-2 advice required!

Tks!

JB :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dan is a Seattle guy, be good to get his advice. And don't refuse the romantic dinner info, what if you meet your soul mate at Starbucks?! :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Bellevue on the east side of Seattle if the place to be for late night (and day). It is safer, cleaner, and more upscale than DT Seattle.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Dan -- whatheheck" right?

Sir -- is DT Seattle really ghetto? Not sure where I'm staying yet. Will confirm shortly so it would be easier to recommend places close by. Not sure how big Seattle is as I've never been.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
854 Posts
DT Seattle has a bad rep, yes. Some nice areas but I'd be weary walking there alone TBH. As I said I would take a taxi or car rental to Bellevue. UW is a college district so there are many small places for grub and drinks. Never been there late night so can't comment on that, just drive through there often in the daytime.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Like most cities, there are bad areas, but most of downtown Seattle is great. Restaurants are 5 star and so are the hotels. Bellevue is where all the tech wealth has congregated. Very nice restaurants and hotels there too. The U district as a more urban environment with lots of kids running around at night from the nearby university. Restaurants and hotels in the U district are 3-4 star at best and most people are just driving through. One big positive is you can afford to do a lot more in the u district than dt seattle or bellevue.

Overall, there are a million awesome things to see in Seattle, Bellevue is where to hang out in style, and U-district is cheap food and hotels.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
854 Posts
It depends. Rest of this week will be sunny and in the high 70s. Next week will be cooler. So grab both, as Seattle is know for all kinds of weather.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Tell me how far is Bellevue from me by cab? I don't mind casual drinks in student district but I also wouldn't mind a nice drink at a trendy bar with great atmosphere. Like a good place for "after work" drinks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts