BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying a '02 LeMans/Tan with 23xxx miles. Original owner was from Rye, NY and traded the car in Jan/Feb of this year. I'm trying to find him/her to inquire about history.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Michael

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
mshea said:
I'm in the process of buying a '02 LeMans/Tan with 23xxx miles. Original owner was from Rye, NY and traded the car in Jan/Feb of this year. I'm trying to find him/her to inquire about history.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Michael
A couple of questions............
Is the car a private sale or from a dealer? Do you have the last 7 digits of the VIN # ? If so, give them to me and I'll run the car's history for you.
Robert

·
Registered
235 Posts
Where's Rye ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mrs_Struth said:
Just down the road a bit from Pumpernickel, and around the corner from Sourdough.

(sorry. couldn't resist. . . )
Actually that was the first good laugh I had today.

Thanks.:1:

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Ive seen a car that meets your description that parked at the Rye train station a few times. Looked to be in solid condition, but definately exposed to the elements if that is an issue for you (and if this is actually the same car).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've run the Carfax and it's clean - never a lien. Inspection today by a PA BMW dealer reveals a superb condition car, all maintenance is current, no repainting, no repairs, etc. but the possibility of a minorly bent rim (on the inside) likely from a pot hole. I'm just curious if anyone knows the name of the original owner and/or if he/she was a fanatic or just latching on to a hot car for a while...I suspect the latter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts